A couple of tracks of Camerons

Started by Fogeyspasm, August 04, 2013, 01:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

Quite a few of you know Cameron. His first gig was Frost* when he was either 11 or 12  and he has been to plenty since, age limits permitting.
Since then he has been writing his own material, learning to play any instrument you put in front of him, and recording a lot of it.
There are probably 20 recordings from then till now. He has finally agreed to let me post a couple of ideas up. One is very old and an experiment in recording and using samples, the other is from early last year and we are going to redo it shortly. He is also starting to write other material for the band he has formed with two school mates. Anyway here goes. Enjoy.

The oldie
https://soundcloud.com/andrew-conner/seq4-cd-mastered

The newer
https://soundcloud.com/andrew-conner/battleships

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Pedro

Clever chap inny?
Liking Battleships, it has a nice structure. A bit heavy on the smashed hi-hat usage but that fits the genre I guess.
I don't know if it was just me but it seemed to slow down a bit at one point?
I look forward to hearing the re-make. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Fogeyspasm

It does slow in the first piano bit. Most of it was done first take on each instrument and it stands out quite a bit after everything else was added. He has changed that bit too. Drum levels are a bit awkward too as the TD9KX2 just outputs the whole kit sound so if anything is a bit overbearing it is almost impossible to rectify other than EQ. There is a track he did where the crash/ride drives me potty as it is too loud and too splashy. Tried everything and come to an acceptable, to me, compromise.
Downloaded a set of tweaked sounds from Vexpressions and we have a kit we tend to use now. Brought the Hi Hat and Cymbal levels down as we still found them too loud. There is another track that I think is epic. Unfortunately it also has a bit of a tempo wobble. It is a big piano and synth wall of sound, no guitars at all. Builds into big dramatic Choruses. I think it screams for an epic guitar solo at the end. It is more Frost* influenced.
Will see if he will let me post it?
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Fogeyspasm

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

rogerg

What DAW are you using?  Can you do tempo adjusts?

Really like Hearts and Daggers.

Fogeyspasm

We use Acid Pro 9. There is a facility called beatmapping which may sort it out but I think he would prefer to record everything again. I really need to sit down and get my head round recording. We just play at it.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

E.S.

Steven

Nicely done gents! I couldn't log into the forum yesterday (travelling with laptop, temporarily forgot the password!), but I took a listen to the tracks, some real promise there!

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Rook

That... Is ruddy marvelous. All of them.