Main Menu

Hornby graffiti

Started by Trapezium Artist, August 31, 2013, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

As the man says in his post (lest anyone think that I found this  :) ), the picture from the Hornby catalogue of a Frost*-graffiti'd freight train wagon is singularly agog-making  :o

http://www.planetfrost.com/post/59853195721/ive-been-immortalised-by-hornby-im-absolutely

Surely a leg pull, I hear you say, but no:

http://www.hornby.com/shop/rolling-stock/freight-rolling-stock/r6628-graffiti-wagon

Just how did this happen? Does Jem run around at night tagging wagons as they roll through the leafy East Sussex cuttings and, if so, why would he be quite so daft as to write his own name, let alone the band's and the Frost*erisk?

Add in the "Maximum rock!" symbol on the other side of the wagon, and I'm left wondering quite who "Kata :-*" is in the Frostie*verse, what "Peor1" means, and, most scarily of all, what we're to make of (what I think says) "The beard is out there".

Completely bonkers way to be immortalised, Mr G  ;)

(Edit: a further check reveals that only 1,000 of this £6.99 limited edition contemporary Hornby wagon were made: I wonder how many will be snaffled up in short order by denizens of this board?  :P)

(Further edit: they're out of stock  :-\)

LivingForever

Well I never. That's insane!

"The Beard is Out There" is the name of a Spock's Beard live album, which surely can't be a coincidence?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Renters

What I want to know is, how did he spot it?  Not only is it on a model train website (model trains? Really Jem?), it is three branches into the menu.  Obviously looking to update his OO gauge (which suffers from inaccurate scaling, BTW.  EM gauge and P4 scale are much more accurate) rolling stock...
That's jazz.  Jazz is weird...

Renters

Quote from: LivingForever on August 31, 2013, 11:31:28 AM

"The Beard is Out There" is the name of a Spock's Beard live album, which surely can't be a coincidence?

I feel a spoof coming on.  Two Prog references on one model train?  Either that or some Proghead in the Hornby product line department putting the word out there!!

ich_bin_besser

That's cool! Nice find!  8)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

JakeWorrell

Quote from: Renters on August 31, 2013, 11:36:42 AM
model trains? Really Jem?

How dare you! Model trains are cool!

I am absolutely perplexed / blown away by this. How the hell did it happen? It can surely be no coincidence!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Renters

Quote from: JakeWorrell on August 31, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

Easy Tiger, I had model trains once.  When I was 7...  ;) ;D ;) ;D

Renters

Surely there must be copyright infringements here.  I'm sure there are many fast pounds to be made here, enough for a christmas party?.  Give Lionel Hutz a ring....  ;)

rogerg

Quote from: Renters on August 31, 2013, 03:13:25 PM

I still have boxes of my model trains, and finally have some space in the basement to think about a layout. I would love one of these cars.  ;D

lyn

Quote from: rogerg on August 31, 2013, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: Renters on August 31, 2013, 03:13:25 PM

I still have boxes of my model trains, and finally have some space in the basement to think about a layout. I would love one of these cars.  ;D

Trucks...;-)
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

rogerg

owen

I preferred scalextric. I await their next catalogue with hope and expectation. Otherwise, seriously good

Renters

Quote from: owen on September 01, 2013, 09:19:36 PM
I preferred scalextric. I await their next catalogue with hope and expectation. Otherwise, seriously good

I had my first Scalextrix when I was one (1961!).  My dad said I really wanted it....

Pedro

It's back in stock now.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

lyn

Quote from: Pedro on October 01, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
It's back in stock now.  :)
None in the model shop in Bury St Edmunds last Saturday morning... Maybe next time!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com