Main Menu

Hornby graffiti

Started by Trapezium Artist, August 31, 2013, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: aguynamedsid on October 09, 2013, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: Renters on August 31, 2013, 11:41:00 AM
Quote from: LivingForever on August 31, 2013, 11:31:28 AM

"The Beard is Out There" is the name of a Spock's Beard live album, which surely can't be a coincidence?

I feel a spoof coming on.  Two Prog references on one model train?  Either that or some Proghead in the Hornby product line department putting the word out there!!
I can't keep it in any longer! It was me, I work in product development at Hornby. Following on from this I did a series of made up locos called - 'Morse Collieries', 'Portnoy Collieries', 'Trewavas Aggregates', 'Stolt Industries', 'Gildenlow Salt Co.' and 'Transatlantic industries'.
They all went to production and no one twigged the connection

Top man

Impressive ploy

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I used to have a signature

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

MikeEvs

"The Beard is Out There" is the name of a Spock's Beard live album, which surely can't be a coincidence?

I feel a spoof coming on.  Two Prog references on one model train?  Either that or some Proghead in the Hornby product line department putting the word out there!!
I can't keep it in any longer! It was me, I work in product development at Hornby. Following on from this I did a series of made up locos called - 'Morse Collieries', 'Portnoy Collieries', 'Trewavas Aggregates', 'Stolt Industries', 'Gildenlow Salt Co.' and 'Transatlantic industries'.

Welcome to the forum aguynamedsid, and well done on getting all that onto Hornby models 8)

D S

Brilliant!  Well played.  8) 
I once wrote a serious article for my profession's magazine and managed to slip in some Rush song titles and lyrics, just to see if anyone would notice.  Thought I'd got away with it until months later at a conference someone said "Oh, I see you're a Rush fan!".  ;D  But having prog train sets, now that's something else!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

heh

awesome!  and welcome!!  ;D

johninblack

Awesomely well done and welcome to the forum :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RacingHippo

Very, very well played sir!
* May contain nuts.

lyn

Overground, underground! ;)
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Rook

Thanks lyn, now I have this stuck in my head.

http://youtu.be/FZ2mJPSccvo

The rest of you are free to share it with me :)

FreeThoughtTH

Keen for the Transatlantic locomotions! Transatlantic is one of my favourite prog outfits ever, so it's great to see them finally immortalised in.... trains.... :P

Mikey

Quote from: Rook on October 12, 2013, 03:02:23 AM

No, no, no, no & no
I used to have a signature

lyn

Quote from: Rook on October 12, 2013, 03:02:23 AM

Derailed at Wimbledon!
;D
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

DueyC

Is this one of yours too?
http://www.hornby.com/shop/rolling-stock/freight-rolling-stock/r6595-j-hackett-and-co-6-plank-wagon/

8)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

Welcome aguynamedsid, nice work...but sadly the item is no longer listed on the Hornby site. :(
I hope you are still listed on the Hornby payroll! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

aguynamedsid

Right Ho Frosties! Ideas time, I've been asked to do another 'graffiti' wagon. Any good Prog band logo suggestions???
Also for your info there will be a selection of Marillion locos early next year. 'Rothery Industries' etc.