Main Menu

Celebr8.3 2014

Started by Splinky, October 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinky

I've just stumbled across this for next year http://bit.ly/1g4k4ZX. Not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so does anyone know if it's genuine? Good line up and a change to a proper venue  ;) How about a Frost* appearance, what with the new album coming and all.

MikeEvs

Same question was asked on the Fishtank and I pointed out that some bands had confirmed they were playing but there's been no announcement which I found a bit strange.

I got the following reply from Twang :)

QuoteMakes a bleeding change for bands to actually announce they are doing a show. Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Now that cats have been put upon the pigeons.

CELEBR8.3 has not been officially announced because there are 3 acts that I'm waiting to 100% confirm. They want to do it but have to wait for 2014 schedules. As you can guess I'm having to deal with some record companies and management.

It will take place at The Islington Assembly Hall. It will be the first in Central London.

Reasons Why.

A...The Hippodrome served well the first year but I was not a happy bunny when they hoiked up the beer prices. Disgraceful considering they offer snotty student nights at 2 quid a pop for booze. When it comes to us it was over the top. 

B...... It does smell Ewwwww! And we have to get out!! OUT! by 10.00pm to allow Scum to spend stupid amounts of Stab liquid and cause chaos in Kingston. For every 30mins over they wanted to charge me £1,000. YEAH WELL STICK THAT UP THEIR Grin

C....The location is easy peasy from almost anywhere and Kings Cross/St Pancrass is so, so close.

D... You all deserve comfort.

E...... Geoff Banks will be involved. As some of you know he's been through a lot of Hell (It is not my place to go into it) He has bounced back. It was decided that Geoff needed a break from all things to concentrate on personal things.

F..... An official announcement will happen fairly soon. TWELFTH NIGHT are reforming for a one off with Mark to do something special Geoff Man era, THE TANGENT will perfom Le Sacre Du Travail with as many of the albums band members as poss. Luke will be on guitar and yes KARMAKANIC will also play as will MASCHINE (Luke is young and can handle it) Wink It is only fair that Jon Mitchell gets a break from the Prog Whip this year.GALAHAD will also be on the bill.

Apart from this I have to be a bit tight lipped.

ALL WILL BE REVEALED SOON.  Wink

Am I mad? Yes. Can I stand another load of stress? We'll find that out won't we. Great way to lose weight though. Wink

Trapezium Artist

Thanks, Mikey ... and, of course, Twang, to have steadfastly not learned his lesson yet ;)

Pedro

Quote from: Splinky on October 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM
I've just stumbled across this for next year http://bit.ly/1g4k4ZX. Not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so does anyone know if it's genuine? Good line up and a change to a proper venue  ;) How about a Frost* appearance, what with the new album coming and all.
I wouldn't hold your breath for Frost* at Celebr8.3, particularly so soo after their appearing at Celebr8.2 (admittedly only 9-fingeredly). :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Exciteymost!!!
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

LOL

Frost* will headline the Sunday!! Hurrah!

JakeWorrell

I wish I had held my breath now! Damn you Pedders! ;)
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Nellie

Yes, it's true. Frost* will headline Sunday 1st June at Celebr8.3.
Weekend tickets are already on sale, day tickets will be available nearer the time. There will be an announcement when that happens so there is no need to keep texting/phoning/emailing/facebooking/tweeting me ;)
See you all then!
It's in the post!

Nellie

Day tickets now on sale!  ;D
It's in the post!

L33VEY

Day ticket duly arrived - number 0002 - come on  - own up!   :o
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

turbo

well both of you are in for a treat.  ;D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

turbo

only joshing i bought four so actually theres six of us, getting a bit crowded now.  ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Mikey

Bad news - It's a sunday
Bad news - It's half term and would normally be away

Good news-I've broken my hip

Anyone from this neck of the woods going for the day?
Not sure yet if I'll be able to travel
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Jeez Mikey, how did you do that? Gardening accident? Hope you are ok and recovered enough to attend.

rogerg

Yes, yikes!  Broke your hip?