Main Menu

Celebr8.3 2014

Started by Splinky, October 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Blimey, all the big name stars pulling out?  :'(

We'll miss you, chaps.

RacingHippo

I'll be there, with my pal (who some have met at Moon Safari last year).
Unable to offer transport, Mikey, as I'll be going down by train the night before.
My big sis very conveniently lives 5 minutes' walk from the venue :-D

Now, why hasn't anyone mentioned curry yet....?
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Quote from: Mikey on May 22, 2014, 09:08:08 AM
Getting a bit stalled sitting around doing next to bugger all, so we've decided to go to Spain.
Not that you'd notice if I was there anyway...I'm invisible. ;)

There are definite benefits in going to Spain, the main one is I can do my own physio.
Get in the pool and swim and we've an outdoor gym as well.
Not to mention the sun................oops, I did  :)
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: RacingHippo on May 22, 2014, 12:30:53 PM
I'll be there, with my pal (who some have met at Moon Safari last year).
Unable to offer transport, Mikey, as I'll be going down by train the night before.
My big sis very conveniently lives 5 minutes' walk from the venue :-D

Now, why hasn't anyone mentioned curry yet....?

Simply because we were all breathlessly waiting for you to do so, sir  8)

Before? After? During? Anyone (Nellie, Twang) know when things are supposed to end on the Sunday? I'll need to get from Islington to Ashford (near Staines) to stay with my brother and fly out the next morning, and the last short-ish (1 hour) journey leaves at 23:30-ish.

During would be ok, although we'd have to choose who to miss. That last band, the two-album-wonders with the funny typographical quirk in their name, we can bale on them, surely.

Nellie

There's a break at 6.30 but I'm not allowed out as Mouse has other business at that time and he is my merch bitch for the weekend.
I think some Tinyfish folk are planning a curry. I will see what they have decided and report back.
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Nellie on May 22, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
There's a break at 6.30 but I'm not allowed out as Mouse has other business at that time and he is my merch bitch for the weekend.
I think some Tinyfish folk are planning a curry. I will see what they have decided and report back.

"My merch bitch"? Goodness me, young lady; wash your mouth out with soap!  ;)

In any case, he's not much of a merch bitch if you let his schedule determine your availability for a curry with us all, now is he? Sort him out.

As for curried tiny fish, the idea is appealing, although that Ramsay bloke will probably be a bit gristly ...

Nellie

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 23, 2014, 08:52:51 AM
Quote from: Nellie on May 22, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

"My merch bitch"? Goodness me, young lady; wash your mouth out with soap!  ;)

In any case, he's not much of a merch bitch if you let his schedule determine your availability for a curry with us all, now is he? Sort him out.

As for curried tiny fish, the idea is appealing, although that Ramsay bloke will probably be a bit gristly ...
Mouse has a special and very important job to do which I will not prevent him doing.
He can tell you about it when he wants to.
I don't remember eating much during festivals as I never get a chance. Great way of losing weight :-)
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Nellie on May 24, 2014, 04:46:03 PM
I don't remember eating much during festivals as I never get a chance. Great way of losing weight :-)

You're such a girl  ;)

Nellie

Haha, at least I don't muck about with space rockets all day!  ;) :P
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Whoosh!  8)

Actually, I spent most of yesterday morning on the beach being interviewed for a documentary by the Discovery Channel, getting sunburned while waving my hands around a lot  ::)

lyn

Quote from: Nellie on May 25, 2014, 01:17:19 PM
Haha, at least I don't muck about with space rockets all day!  ;) :P

What she said!   ;D

Life's a beach....  8)
:o

Some guys have all the luck...

What is a lot?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

DavSel

Sadly with low funds I won't be attending either. Hopefully some great footage to watch after though ;)

catherine

I'll be there and could well be interested in curry :)
But not afterwards, as I'll be rushing to get the train.

sawtooth

Quote from: catherine on May 27, 2014, 02:53:43 PM

I've not booked yet (probably going for the Sunday evening ticket) but basically, wot Catherine said goes for me too.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: sawtooth on May 27, 2014, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: catherine on May 27, 2014, 02:53:43 PM

I've not booked yet (probably going for the Sunday evening ticket) but basically, wot Catherine said goes for me too.

Me too, inasmuch as I have to get the last train out to Ashford near Heathrow, to fly to Warsaw the following morning.

So, we may have to find somewhere that is open during the 18:30 break. Which is how long, I wonder?