Wake up Rosetta!

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on August 10, 2015, 03:06:16 PM
the MT is coming to Cardiff on the 24th of August to give a talk get your free ticket here:

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rosetta-to-catch-a-comet-tickets-17965646733?aff=efblike

I'll be there  :)

Look forward to it, Mike.

Also scheduled for talks in the second half of this year I have Manchester, Iceland, China, New York, Brussels, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Mexico, and so on, although many will be at conferences with registration fees or essentially closed events. The one in Mexico will be at the Guadalajara Book Fair, public audience said to be 750,000 in 10 days ... eek.

MikeEvs

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on August 10, 2015, 04:37:40 PM
Quote from: MikeEvs on August 10, 2015, 03:06:16 PM
the MT is coming to Cardiff on the 24th of August to give a talk get your free ticket here:

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rosetta-to-catch-a-comet-tickets-17965646733?aff=efblike

I'll be there  :)

Look forward to it, Mike.

I am, shall I bring a camera?  ;D

owen

when are you coming to Manc-land?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on August 10, 2015, 07:29:46 PM
when are you coming to Manc-land?

2 September, Owen, speaking at this conference:

http://www.case.org/Conferences_and_Training/CASE_Europe_Annual_Conference_2015.html

Probably not open to the public, although I doubt that security will be up to much ;-)

Am also trying to fit in an appointment at Cosmic Ears in Stockport to have some new earphones made. Left my trusty old Etymotics ER-4P's + custom silicone earmoulds on a BA flight recently ... sigh.

http://www.cosmicears.com

Anyone on here had experience with them?

Mikey

The woes and perils of an MT
I used to have a signature

Mordwin

MikeEvs

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on August 21, 2015, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: MikeEvs on August 10, 2015, 06:28:14 PM
I am, shall I bring a camera?  ;D

Yes/No? ;)

Oh, sure, yes. Shouldn't be any problem at all at the museum, I think. Bring one to ESTEC and, well ...

owen

Will you be doing the presentations in the form of multiple haiku?

MikeEvs

A few photos from last night:

How you pronounce McCaughrean  :)
How you pronounce McCaughrean by Mike Evans, on Flickr

Presenting in the dark :
Mark delivering his presentation by Mike Evans, on Flickr

Answering a question from one of the younger members of the audience:
Mark answers a question from a young girl by Mike Evans, on Flickr

MT gets asked for a selfie  ;)
Selfie time by Mike Evans, on Flickr

Full set HERE

rogerg

> How you pronounce McCaughrean

Now that's a corker!  ;D

great pics, Mike, and congratulations, TA!!

MikeEvs

Trapezium Artist

And thanks to you for the pictures, Mike: very good to see you there in what was a largely-unrelated-to-Frost* environment.

Except Mike was wearing a Frost* shirt, if I recall correctly, and I might have used a one-minute excerpt of the instrumental version of Saline to accompany a not-yet-released film from Rosetta during my talk ...  8)

Will have to ask the boss if there's any chance of getting proper permission to use that when we actually put the film out: it worked very nicely, IMHO  ;)

MikeEvs

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on August 26, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
And thanks to you for the pictures, Mike: very good to see you there in what was a largely-unrelated-to-Frost* environment.

Except Mike was wearing a Frost* shirt, if I recall correctly, and I might have used a one-minute excerpt of the instrumental version of Saline to accompany a not-yet-released film from Rosetta during my talk ...  8)

Will have to ask the boss if there's any chance of getting proper permission to use that when we actually put the film out: it worked very nicely, IMHO  ;)

No problem mate, good to see you.

Yes I was wearing a Frost* hoodie and t-shirt  :)

Hope you enjoyed your brief visit to Cardiff and had a safe trip home  :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on August 26, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
No problem mate, good to see you.

Yes I was wearing a Frost* hoodie and t-shirt  :)

Hope you enjoyed your brief visit to Cardiff and had a safe trip home  :)

Indeed: very enjoyable, and a bottle of Penderyn Welsh whisky in my possession thanks to the organisers  :)