Wake up Rosetta!

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 10, 2013, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

rogerg

Mordwin

Found (if only just in frame!) in images taken just 4 weeks before final descent (to the strains of Falling Down... at least in my head :D, though given the likely velocities Hypoventilate is probably closer to the mark ;))

25 days to go... what will TA find to do instead? (oh yes, Mars is it not? :))

Trapezium Artist

Pretty bloody amazing.

Found out from the search team at 23:30 last night and immediately got to work on coordinating the release materials. Had to chair a conference session this morning, but was itching to get away and work with my team: then some feverish work on the images you now see.

And they're brilliant: completely unambiguous detection of Philae. I certainly never expected it to be that obvious. Magic.

As for the final music, try "Snowman" on for size: works pretty well, lyrically.

rogerg

Trapezium Artist

Mordwin

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on September 05, 2016, 06:21:51 PM
Pretty bloody amazing.

Found out from the search team at 23:30 last night and immediately got to work on coordinating the release materials. Had to chair a conference session this morning, but was itching to get away and work with my team: then some feverish work on the images you now see.

And they're brilliant: completely unambiguous detection of Philae. I certainly never expected it to be that obvious. Magic.

As for the final music, try "Snowman" on for size: works pretty well, lyrically.

Yeah, and the rest of the image is pretty damn awesome too... such detail... you can really get a feel for the pile of icy rubble it is.

Ending up in a ditch was a bit unlucky... maybe it was the alchohol vapours on the way down? ;)

And  good call on Snowman... I'll make to play as many versions as I can find that day in Rosetta's memory :)

lyn

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

owen

You even got quoted in the Grauniad! Great pics too

Trapezium Artist

OK, everyone: the day is almost upon us. Rosetta's last moments, descending to the surface of Comet 67P, will culminate in a controlled impact at roughly walking at 11:20 GMT / 12:20 BST / 13:20 CEST (current best estimate) tomorrow, Friday 30 September.

Hope you all follow along on www.esa.int. You'll probably be seeing quite a bit of my grinning fizzog in the media tomorrow as well, if you can bear it  :P

ich_bin_besser

Hope to make it, but not sure yet. Have fun, anyways!  8)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

rogerg

Mikey

Lead story on breakfast news.
MT has missed this boat, sure there will be plenty more opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have a signature

D S

Indeed - just heard him being interviewed on Radio 4's Today programme!  :) Came across very well and explained the whole process very clearly.
TA has now survived being interviewed by Jeremy Paxman and John Humphreys, a feat not many politicians would relish!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!