Quote from: Mikey on November 01, 2016, 07:42:31 PM
& I get to go to Guildford 😢😢😢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But we are at Connaught service station 😀

I used to have a signature

manoncharles

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AM
So, fresh from my gig at the Prog Awards (cough), I'm now heading south for some live stage shows in Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra this coming weekend, talking about Mars with Buzz Aldrin (as you do  ;)) and others.

Ahhh you seemed super fresh indeed.

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AMIf there are any Frost*ies in the area who're coming along, let me know (of course, Manon will be there  8)).
Three years later... haha.. yaaaay, I was there, it was awesome, thank you :D

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AMI've discovered that the rentals in Sydney are booked out because of a big mass participation ride to Wollangong on Sunday  :-\

It's Wollongong! Come on, you don't even try (to be Australian). I'm glad you finally found a bike :)

Why is this topic still used? Is there a tiny chance Rosetta would sleep a hundred years and be woken up by some other satellite's true love kiss or something?
A fairytale in negative

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: manoncharles on December 12, 2016, 02:59:19 AM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AM
So, fresh from my gig at the Prog Awards (cough), I'm now heading south for some live stage shows in Sydney, Melbourne, and Canberra this coming weekend, talking about Mars with Buzz Aldrin (as you do  ;)) and others.

Ahhh you seemed super fresh indeed.

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AMIf there are any Frost*ies in the area who're coming along, let me know (of course, Manon will be there  8)).
Three years later... haha.. yaaaay, I was there, it was awesome, thank you :D

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on November 01, 2016, 07:45:28 AMI've discovered that the rentals in Sydney are booked out because of a big mass participation ride to Wollangong on Sunday  :-\

It's Wollongong! Come on, you don't even try (to be Australian). I'm glad you finally found a bike :)

Why is this topic still used? Is there a tiny chance Rosetta would sleep a hundred years and be woken up by some other satellite's true love kiss or something?

Wollangong, Wollongong, Smokeabong ... gimme a break  :P

Anyway, yes, everyone knows that Rosetta is going to be found in the deep future by aliens from Game of Thrones: don't you watch the movies?! The aim is to keep this thread alive until then: we predict roughly a million years from now, around the time Frost*4 comes out (sorry, ouch, don't hit me, Boss: it's a joke!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcYo-qQ5HbA

rogerg

manoncharles

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 12, 2016, 08:59:25 AMAnyway, yes, everyone knows that Rosetta is going to be found in the deep future by aliens from Game of Thrones: don't you watch the movies?! The aim is to keep this thread alive until then: we predict roughly a million years from now, around the time Frost*4 comes out (sorry, ouch, don't hit me, Boss: it's a joke!).

Oh yeah I agreee they look Games of Thrones-ish. But I've never watched that series.
And I hope you're wrong about next release date.
I got an e-mail today "New Frost release !" but it was just another band called Frost (Not Frost*) and Deezer got confused (because it doesn't understand " * ").
A fairytale in negative

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: manoncharles on December 12, 2016, 02:05:21 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 12, 2016, 08:59:25 AMAnyway, yes, everyone knows that Rosetta is going to be found in the deep future by aliens from Game of Thrones: don't you watch the movies?! The aim is to keep this thread alive until then: we predict roughly a million years from now, around the time Frost*4 comes out (sorry, ouch, don't hit me, Boss: it's a joke!).

Oh yeah I agreee they look Games of Thrones-ish. But I've never watched that series.
I got an e-mail today "New Frost release !" but it was just another band called Frost (Not Frost*) and Deezer got confused (because it doesn't understand " * ").

No, no, no. These are the characters from our Ambition sci-fi films, starring Aiden Gillen and Aisling Franciosi, both of whom have also starred in Game of Thrones.

Now don't tell me you haven't seen the Ambition films ...  :-\

owen

manoncharles

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 13, 2016, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: manoncharles on December 12, 2016, 02:05:21 PM

No, no, no. These are the characters from our Ambition sci-fi films, starring Aiden Gillen and Aisling Franciosi, both of whom have also starred in Game of Thrones.

Now don't tell me you haven't seen the Ambition films ...  :-\

I have seen Ambition movies several times each. And I said those actors looked "Games of Thrones-ish" because I have actually never seen Games of Thrones (and I don't plan to, thank you very much) so I had no idea they were in it. (If I keep answering a month and a half late every time, we might actually be able to make this conversation last until the end of times (or Frost*4 or Rosetta's rediscovery)
A fairytale in negative

D S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39340800
Wot? No TA / MT?  Slipping.  Must still be out celebrating his birthday...  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: D S on March 21, 2017, 04:25:33 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39340800
Wot? No TA / MT?  Slipping.  Must still be out celebrating his birthday...  8)

Only fair that others get a shot occasionally ...  8)

No, seriously, these are science results from Rosetta and feature the scientists directly involved, as they should.

When you saw me involved, it was more for the big picture, hand-wavey stuff, which I apply to many other missions and circumstances as well  :P

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on March 22, 2017, 09:12:33 PM
which I apply to many other missions and circumstances as well
& very well if I may say so

I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on March 22, 2017, 09:19:19 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on March 22, 2017, 09:12:33 PM
which I apply to many other missions and circumstances as well
& very well if I may say so
You are most kind, sir.

D S

So there we were this morning, on holiday in Mallorca, sitting on the terrace having breakfast & listening to BBC Radio 4's Today programme on the iPad, when a familiar voice comes on, being interviewed by John Humphreys about a mission to Mercury. That TA gets everywhere!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

owen

He's going to Mercury? Pack your shades, TA 8) 8) 8)

D S

Perhaps taking Closer To The Sun too literally...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!