And the DVD IS HERE!!!

Started by DavSel, December 11, 2013, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimD

About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

MikeEvs

I only just ordered, my bad been busy and kept slipping my mind that I hadn't ordered yet :-[

owen

So...just taken car for servicing, just finished Lantern, only acoustic version of Black Light Machine to go.
When I pick it up, half way through Pocket Sun. Hmmmm

Nellie

Quote from: JakeWorrell on December 17, 2013, 12:31:26 PM
Not received mine yet either but I've waited this long, so I can easily wait a few more days. Will probably watch it at the weekend anyway :)
It definitely went at the end of last week, Friday at the latest. I ordered something from Play.com last Monday and it's still not here!
Is it foggy in Shropshah?
It's in the post!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: Nellie on December 17, 2013, 05:09:09 PM
Quote from: JakeWorrell on December 17, 2013, 12:31:26 PM
Not received mine yet either but I've waited this long, so I can easily wait a few more days. Will probably watch it at the weekend anyway :)
It definitely went at the end of last week, Friday at the latest. I ordered something from Play.com last Monday and it's still not here!
Is it foggy in Shropshah?

It's as clear as day! Particularly in the day time. The postman just knows how desperate I am for Frost*iness and is deliberately keeping it from me. That's what I reckon.

Every day something comes through the door, I get all excited, and what do I find? LEAFLETS! Leaflets should be banned.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

JimD

Just had a quick look at the DVD on my work PC. Interesting that it comes up as "FORST" rather than "FROST" :)
About Me

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Pedro

Quote from: JimD on December 17, 2013, 06:12:53 PM
Just had a quick look at the DVD on my work PC. Interesting that it comes up as "FORST" rather than "FROST" :)
There's always something that doesn't get checked!
For a while the DVD menu listed a song called "Heartsrings" and that got past a few checks but was caught just before it was too late! :)
If the Disc label in a PC is as bad as it gets I think people will be happy! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

owen

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

DVD arrived very promptly (Thanks Nells) a few days ago, however I instructed Mrs B to whisk it away, straight jacket it in wrapping paper and hold it prisoner under the flashing conical glittery green thing that has recently appeared in the lounge.  Release is confirmed on Brussel Sprout day where its contents can be examined in great detail with the attention it deserves without the miriad of distractions which currently prevail.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

D S

Quote from: JimD on December 17, 2013, 06:12:53 PM
I spotted that too but thought that 'Forst' was a deliberate misspelling like 'Wondreful', just to see who was awake...!  :P
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

Mine arrived yesterday! looking forward to sitting down with a good cup of tea and watching it this weekend.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

JimD

Quote from: Pedro on December 18, 2013, 07:56:06 PMThere's always something that doesn't get checked!
For a while the DVD menu listed a song called "Heartsrings" and that got past a few checks but was caught just before it was too late! :)
If the Disc label in a PC is as bad as it gets I think people will be happy! ;)

Quote from: D S on December 19, 2013, 08:53:36 AM
I spotted that too but thought that 'Forst' was a deliberate misspelling like 'Wondreful', just to see who was awake...!  :P

It would be an excellent name for a Forum Tribute Band... 8)

I have only heard the CD so far but it sounds excellent - by that I mean sonically; in the Jim D wheels in particular.

I was out delivering Xmas cards by hand the other night and stopped to wander up someone's path with Milliontown paused at about 9.55.  When I got back in and cranked the stereo back up the ensuing "Buppity-BWAH!"s** were delightfully bassy and majestic and conjoured my traditional mind-video of an enormous Terry Gilliam-esque monster stamping out across the land and trampling things underfoot  ;D  There's lotsa low end coming off the drums and keys too, all nicely balanced I reckon with the 5 string bass of Nathan.

*Spot the Frost*erisk
**I believe this phrase was last used by RacingHippo/Mikey in reference to the middle of "No Me No You" but it does adequately describe the general sonic sledgehammery that emerges from the epic Milliontown at around 10:00 and 12:09 (Rockfield Files version)
About Me

Brom

Interestingly I posted this on the Forum a long time ago after a holiday in Tuscany!  8)

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333