A Magical Evening with Lazuli & Moon Safari

Started by Nellie, January 08, 2014, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

Here's a little thing I've been planning  :D
(TBC is likely to be oop northish)

It's in the post!

Pedro

If you haven't seen these guys before, go to one of these gigs. It will be awesome.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Already have my ticket for Cardiff :) and I've haven't seen either of these bands before but I've heard good things and their playing local and have given me plenty of notice so I have no excuse not to go ;D

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: Pedro on January 08, 2014, 12:27:00 PM
If you haven't seen these guys before, go to one of these gigs. It will be awesome.

This man speaketh the truth. What a lineup!!  8)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

rogerg

Trapezium Artist

Are they both headlining, or Moon Safari in support?

I'm sure I've heard Lazuli on Wilf's Euopean Perspective, but couldn't really say whether I like them: not that I'm undecided, I just can't remember how they sound.

But Moon Safari: you must, you simply must. I am 99% certain that I will. Their gig at The Peel last year was fantastic, to the point that I think that many of us in the audience were just dumb-founded, both in terms of how the band played and how the audience reacted. Special night.

mr_john

Ooooooooh if that up north-ish gig could be Newcastle.... I'd probably have to buy you ALL a biscuit or 2.

Nellie

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on January 08, 2014, 11:15:16 PM
Are they both headlining, or Moon Safari in support?

I'm sure I've heard Lazuli on Wilf's Euopean Perspective, but couldn't really say whether I like them: not that I'm undecided, I just can't remember how they sound.

But Moon Safari: you must, you simply must. I am 99% certain that I will. Their gig at The Peel last year was fantastic, to the point that I think that many of us in the audience were just dumb-founded, both in terms of how the band played and how the audience reacted. Special night.

It's a joint headline tour so they will probably alternate the order of play. Lazuli are truly amazing both live and their studio but especially live. I can't stress how awesome these shows will be.
I have both bands offerings on my shop :-)
The northern one will most likely be Manchester.
It's in the post!

ich_bin_besser

You will be blown away by their live performance.  8)

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

rogerg

L33VEY

Absolutely agree with the above - as TBC is northerly, it's Southampton and London for me   ;D
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Nellie

I have added Manchester's Sound Control to the tour for the Friday  ;D
It's in the post!

RacingHippo

This gives me a dilemma-thingy.
I'm usually in London at the latter end of the week, so to get to the Manch gig (on Friday 28th) I'd need to head home earlier in the day than usual (no great problem). But the day after (Saturday 29th) is the London gig (at which I expect a lot of my ProgPals will be and would therefore also like to be), so I'd need to either:

• See the Manchester gig and skip the London one
  • Skip the Manchester gig and stay on in London Friday/Saturday night
  • Work in London Mon-Weds, at home Thurs/Fri, go to the Manch gig then head back to London on Saturday.
  • Finally get around to inventing teleportation

The last option is the favourite for flexibility, but alas the least likely at the mo as I'm just too busy.

And if either Sound Control or The Robin allow 11 year olds in, I'm honour-bound to take a certain small hippo there....

* May contain nuts.

Mikey

I used to have a signature

owen

Option 4, you could probably make some money off it