Main Menu

Clouda

Started by DueyC, January 11, 2014, 09:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DueyC

After the slight hiccup caused by the Rockfield/YouTube fiasco, it looks as though Jem is up to musical mischief again, albeit not under the Frost* moniker this time...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jem-Godfrey/606082202779130

Yay! to the return of TBE and the Mad Fiddler  ;D
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

BrendanGee

Any music involving Jem is a good thing, music involving Jem AND TBE is even better! Quite looking forward to the fruit that comes from this experiment.

(Although, I must also confess to my remaining confusion surrounding the current state of the Frost* project. Hopefully it will be cleared up in the near future.)
Bring on the Trumpets!

Pedro

The thing about the future is to let it happen.

When the organist pulls out one stop, he often pushes in another. That means he can pull it out again later, when he wants it. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

I agree with Pedro, and as I said in another thread "time will tell".

I can't wait to see what the JG, TBE and MK come up with, I get the feeling that if it materialises it will be great.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Fogeyspasm

After reading a few tweets I'm pretty sure Frost* is safe. Apologies for posting the footage etc. Seemed a positive exchange.
As for the new project I will not be surprised if a few more names are added to the list judging by the twitter talk.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Wickerman

Anyone know what the RPM album challenge is? Has it been mentioned before?

Pedro

"Rapidly Produced Music"

I haven't seen any of the preamble to this in terms of Jem's current ideas, but I think it just stems from the notion of getting a bunch of people together into a studio and seeing what comes out, rather than taking a year or three over it.

Maybe others have seen more about it?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

DueyC

Jem tweeted this link on January 6th, and asked if anyone else was going to have a go...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPM_Challenge
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

rogerg

Rook

Quote from: DueyC on January 11, 2014, 09:01:10 PM
Yay! to the return of TBE and the Mad Fiddler  ;D

I'm guessing TBE is Andy Edwards, but I must have missed what TBE stands for.

More tunes from the boss is always a plus, and any project of his has my support. Like others, I hope Frost* will still get taken out for a walk.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Rook on January 13, 2014, 12:23:43 AM
I'm guessing TBE is Andy Edwards, but I must have missed what TBE stands for.

"The Boy Edwards", as I recall, but I also have a niggling feeling that it may have been something more creative / rude.

L33VEY

And it WILL be released apparently   ;D
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Fogeyspasm

I seem to remember John M and Kavus Torabi (Cardiacs and Knifeworld) were in the tweet and seemed to be up for it too. That is a real interesting lineup.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

L33VEY

Quote from: Fogeyspasm on January 16, 2014, 04:40:26 PM
I seem to remember John M and Kavus Torabi (Cardiacs and Knifeworld) were in the tweet and seemed to be up for it too. That is a real interesting lineup.

I think that is something different...... :o
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

JimD

It seems it's delayed (in terms of the RPM challenge)?

http://www.jemgodfrey.com/post/77104405821/feb-18th-2014

I was wondering how it was going last night as I walked past a towerblock on my way home. That the RPM Challenge will not be met is not a concern of mine, so whenever Clouda arrives I will be interested to listen to it.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!