Main Menu

Clouda

Started by DueyC, January 11, 2014, 09:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavSel

Very cool, crazy!  8)

Trapezium Artist

He am one mad fella   ;)

I love the bit where it goes all Diamonds Are Forever  8)

rogerg

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 18, 2014, 11:46:15 AM
He am one mad fella   ;)

I love the bit where it goes all Diamonds Are Forever  8)

Exactly!  I almost commented about the Bond strings. ;D

JakeWorrell

It's ace! It makes me think of Imogen Heap.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

D S

Yes, suitably bonkers and a little Heap-ish.  :)  Is there perhaps a slight nod to Frost* with the buzzing fly at the end, like The Other Me?  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

It's actually quite reminiscent of the early Frost* tracks in a way. It wouldn't sound completely out of place on Milliontown alongside the likes of 'the other me' in my opinion, although it would make the old-school prog heads furious(which would be all the more reason to do it).
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Narek

I wont be the good for nothing.

Drarok

Very different! Looking forward to hearing more of this.

sawtooth

Mmmmm....not entirely sure about this to be honest. It reminds me a little bit of some of the proto Frost stuff like the Creatures of Distinction recordings, only more extreme in terms of production I think. I wasn't expecting it to be prog at all, that's not colouring my perception of the track, but after 3 listens it's not doing it for me I'm afraid. Still, I'm in a very small club of one here going by previous comments so i'll give it another go when I can sit down with a pair of headphones and give it a proper thrashing - maybe it'll be a grower.
Although absolute top marks to Jem for trying something new and pushing things along  :)

tigermoth

I don't think my post got through, but what I said was thats some crazy sheeeet! Definitely different, and thats all we can hope to be i guiss. Guiss? Guess. Sorry, spilling mistake.  I do like it and its probably a grower. Must say I laughed a bit when there was a sort of shal we say seductive noises, followed by a cough! Hmm, lovely. Haha. Looking forward to the rest of the work. Come on Gem, have a lion bar. You deserve it.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: tigermoth on April 23, 2014, 10:16:49 AM
I don't think my post got through, but what I said was thats some crazy sheeeet! Definitely different, and thats all we can hope to be i guiss. Guiss? Guess. Sorry, spilling mistake.  I do like it and its probably a grower. Must say I laughed a bit when there was a sort of shal we say seductive noises, followed by a cough! Hmm, lovely. Haha. Looking forward to the rest of the work. Come on Gem, have a lion bar. You deserve it.

:o

Drarok

sawtooth

Warming greatly to this choon now after loads more listens.
I think the off-putting thing for me was - and still my most un-favourite bit - the vocal noise that, for want of a better description, sounds like a creaky door or maybe a zombie throwing up! Makes me feel very odd....

Rook

Quote from: sawtooth on May 04, 2014, 08:11:32 PMI think the off-putting thing for me was - and still my most un-favourite bit - the vocal noise that, for want of a better description, sounds like a creaky door or maybe a zombie throwing up! Makes me feel very odd....
Well then you probably wouldn't like my singing then...

L33VEY

New song up on Soundcloud - Lights Out - search for Jem Godfrey.
For release on 1 Jan 15 apparently - anyone takings bets?  It could be earlier   ;)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age