Website hacked again?

Started by Fogeyspasm, January 28, 2014, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

The site seems very devoid of anything again.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

JakeWorrell

My guess is it has more likely been cleared off by Jem while he focusses on some other things (i.e. Clouda, day job, etc.). He probably doesn't want to give the impression that things are going on when they're not.

"The longer the note, the more dread."

DueyC

In the meantime, in case anyone isn't aware, we have this to keep us entertained and informed...
http://www.jemgodfrey.com/
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

JakeWorrell

Indeed we have, and it's doing a good job thus far! I'm looking forward to watching the Clouda thing unfold.

D S

Got himself a nice new custom Chapman Stick just in time for Clouda I see - nice!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

BrizzleRocker

I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

https://twitter.com/JemGodfrey/status/427521010800140288/photo/1

Reading some of Jem's replies you might just think that Frost* is mothballed for a while. I don't really care what genre, tag, bandcamp or label you want to put it in I just hope he carries on entertaining me with excellent music, on his own or with JM, Blunders and Nate!

B
[size=85]Shut up and play yer guitar....[/size]

XeRocks81

Quote from: BrizzleRocker on January 29, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

https://twitter.com/JemGodfrey/status/427521010800140288/photo/1

Reading some of Jem's replies you might just think that Frost* is mothballed for a while. I don't really care what genre, tag, bandcamp or label you want to put it in I just hope he carries on entertaining me with excellent music, on his own or with JM, Blunders and Nate!

B

Look, we all love Jem. But you guys have to admit that this constant backwards and forwards on Frost* is getting a little ridiculous now no?  Those comments weren't that bad , they didn't attack Jem personally or anything.  So what if not everybody knows the minute details of Jem's career and they only know Frost* as a band, it's not their fault.

Trapezium Artist

This too shall pass.

And I don't mean that Frost* will necessarily re-emerge, even if it is a thing devoutly to be wished.

No, what seems clear to me it that Jem suffers from an incurable disease called "being a musician". I'm confident that he'll be making brilliant music for many years to come, whatever the "label". And I'm equally confident that I will be there to listen and enjoy.

Of course, he also likes working with other brilliant musicians, and the current Frost* lineup of him, JM, Blunders, and Nathan is something to behold. I'd hate to think that I've seen them play together for the very last time.

We can but hope, hey kids?  ;)

johninblack

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on February 01, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
This too shall pass.

And I don't mean that Frost* will necessarily re-emerge, even if it is a thing devoutly to be wished.

No, what seems clear to me it that Jem suffers from an incurable disease called "being a musician". I'm confident that he'll be making brilliant music for many years to come, whatever the "label". And I'm equally confident that I will be there to listen and enjoy.

Of course, he also likes working with other brilliant musicians, and the current Frost* lineup of him, JM, Blunders, and Nathan is something to behold. I'd hate to think that I've seen them play together for the very last time.

We can but hope, hey kids?  ;)

Well said sir! You should be on the telly or something.  8)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

owen

I saw him interview Paxo. He was rubbish ;D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on February 02, 2014, 12:15:50 AM
I saw him interview Paxo. He was rubbish ;D

There are days when I love being British  ::)

JakeWorrell

Quote from: XeRocks81 on February 01, 2014, 05:23:49 PM
Look, we all love Jem. But you guys have to admit that this constant backwards and forwards on Frost* is getting a little ridiculous now no?  Those comments weren't that bad , they didn't attack Jem personally or anything.  So what if not everybody knows the minute details of Jem's career and they only know Frost* as a band, it's not their fault.

The way I see it, Jem's entitled to go backwards and forwards as much as he likes. I suspect that being locked into a contract that denies him the creative freedom he wants is a nightmare.

Furthermore I think it's in everyone's best interest (Jem's and ours) if he works on the things he wants to. That's how Frost* was born after all.

I can't wait to see what the Clouda stuff comes out like.

DueyC

Quote from: JakeWorrell on February 03, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

The way I see it, Jem's entitled to go backwards and forwards as much as he likes. I suspect that being locked into a contract that denies him the creative freedom he wants is a nightmare.

Furthermore I think it's in everyone's best interest (Jem's and ours) if he works on the things he wants to. That's how Frost* was born after all.

Word.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

DavSel

Here! Here!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: DavSel on February 03, 2014, 08:41:03 PM

Here! Here!

What, not There! There! ?  ;)

T "Pedant" A