Website hacked again?

Started by Fogeyspasm, January 28, 2014, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_john

Quote from: XeRocks81 on February 01, 2014, 05:23:49 PM
Look, we all love Jem. But you guys have to admit that this constant backwards and forwards on Frost* is getting a little ridiculous now no?  Those comments weren't that bad , they didn't attack Jem personally or anything.  So what if not everybody knows the minute details of Jem's career and they only know Frost* as a band, it's not their fault.

Agreed.

BrendanGee

It must be rather soul destroying when a project you've put a lot of effort into gets criticized by people who probably don't know how the business actually works.
What with the previous DVD effort turning into a bit of a to-do, one can understand why The Rockfield Files was an important project for Jem.
I believe the albums are on the back burner, rather than scrapped so it's likely to appear someday?

Let's just see what happens once March rolls around.
Bring on the Trumpets!

Pedro

Frost* happens, Frost* doesn't happen.
Sunrise, Sunset.
Wax on, wax off.

Complaining about it helps no-one, apart, maybe, from a person who likes to complain.

Anyway, might as well moan about the tide - it's going to happen - live with it or don't - there's nothing compulsory about it.

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

Quote from: BrendanGee on February 04, 2014, 12:44:07 PMIt must be rather soul destroying when a project you've put a lot of effort into gets criticized by people who probably don't know how the business actually works.What with the previous DVD effort turning into a bit of a to-do, one can understand why The Rockfield Files was an important project for Jem.I believe the albums are on the back burner, rather than scrapped so it's likely to appear someday?Let's just see what happens once March rolls around.

Hate to be that person but that's the very nature of creating art. People love it, people hate it. It is the way it goes and to be a part of that arena you have to have, to some degree, the ability to shrug off criticism. If it really is soul destroying then I would recommend leaving that arena quick smart....

Quote from: Pedro on February 04, 2014, 01:29:42 PM
Frost* happens, Frost* doesn't happen.
Sunrise, Sunset.
Wax on, wax off.

Complaining about it helps no-one, apart, maybe, from a person who likes to complain.

Anyway, might as well moan about the tide - it's going to happen - live with it or don't - there's nothing compulsory about it.

True, but that doesn't make it any less valid or right/wrong. It allows people to blow off steam and voice an opinion - something that is quite valuable for one's mental health  ;)

XeRocks81

I guess what it comes down to, and I realise I'm stating the obvious here so bear with me, is that Jem does not care if there is an audience or not,  He's grateful for whatever response he gets when he puts out something or does a gig, but it doesn't really matter in the end.  So the ins and outs of keeping a band going , wich he doesn't have time for anyway, don't matter. 

Pedro

Certainly I'd say these things are not a priority for him, as they would be for someone trying to make a living from their band.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

So... Are the twitter accounts all gone too? I do hope this forum is allowed to remain.

D S

I hope Jem reads Jerry Ewing's review of the DVD in the latest Prog magazine. It might give him the boost he needs.
"The Rockfield Files leaves you with the heartwarming realisation that the prog world is always a much better place with Frost active in it."
Couldn't agree more.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

MikeEvs

Quote from: Rook on February 07, 2014, 02:39:04 AM
So... Are the twitter accounts all gone too? I do hope this forum is allowed to remain.

Twitter accounts still there for @PlanetFrost (last tweet 6 days ago) and @JemGodfrey (last tweet 13mins ago) there's also http://www.jemgodfrey.com/

owen

Didn't he say he wasn't doing any tweeting this Feb? Seems to be updating his blog regularly though (including video)

Rook

Quote from: MikeEvs on February 07, 2014, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: Rook on February 07, 2014, 02:39:04 AM

Twitter accounts still there for @PlanetFrost (last tweet 6 days ago) and @JemGodfrey (last tweet 13mins ago) there's also http://www.jemgodfrey.com/

Oh, cool. Twitter must have just barfed when I checked in the other day. Good to know, and thanks Mike.

Renters

I'm not getting any sound with the videos on Jem's site.  YouTube works fine though.  Any clues?
That's jazz.  Jazz is weird...

JakeWorrell

Do you have any other web browsers installed? Perhaps you could try a different one if you do.

It's all sounding and looking great so far, it's all bringing back memories of the EIMA Frost* reports & blogs.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

BrendanGee

Quote from: JakeWorrell on February 09, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
It's all sounding and looking great so far, it's all bringing back memories of the EIMA Frost* reports & blogs.

Yeah, he's hit a really nice medium with these teasers: creating an insight into the process without giving any explicit reveals of the music. It's getting me more & more excited with each post.  :D
Bring on the Trumpets!

owen

I sometimes think he should try again with Atomic Kitten. But not often