IQ - Road of bones

Started by Mikey, March 19, 2014, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

GEP and IQ are very pleased to to announce that the new IQ album "The Road Of Bones" is mixed and ready to go for pressing.

Mike Holmes: "Every time we go to record a new IQ album I tell myself I'll get it done in less time than before, and every time it takes longer... Having said that it was the equivalent of two albums this time. We usually write more than we need for an album and pick the material that makes for the best 'album flow', if you know what I mean, and the rest is often discarded or put on the back burner indefinitely. This time we thought people would be interested to hear all the songs, including the stuff that didn't quite make it onto the main album for whatever reason, so we're doing a special edition with a second disc of the rest of the material."

The Road of Bones is now available for pre-order from the GEP and IQ online stores. The standard edition comes in a jewel case with a 16 page booklet and the special edition 2 disc version is in a 3 panel digipak.

See the band on tour playing material from the new album in April and May:

Apr-10
Sala Music Hall
Barcelona, Spain
Tickets

Apr-12
Echoes Progressive Rock Festival
Lisbon, Portugal
Tickets

Apr-24
Melkweg Oude Zaal
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tickets

Apr-25
Colos-Saal
Aschaffenburg, Germany
Tickets

Apr-26
Spirit of '66
Verviers, Belgium
Tickets

May-03
Islington Assembly Hall
London, United Kingdom
Tickets

I used to have a signature

D S

2 disc version already pre-ordered!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Mikey

Pleasant surprise this morning, having negotiated the stairs.
A package behind the door.
First test was being able to pick it up
2nd test being able to carry it using crutches.

Very impressive sounding new album by IQ

D S

It certainly is.  8) Mine arrived on Friday and I've been playing it steadily since.  1st 2 tracks on main CD are just brilliant.  Sometimes when bands say "this is our heaviest, darkest album yet" I think yeah, just playing to the teenage doom crew but IQ (being in their 50s and probably not interested in that demographic) actually meant it!  Need a few more listens of the 2nd CD for it to sink in fully but glad I opted for the 2 CD set.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Mine arrived yesterday... I think the 2nd CD might be better than the main album... :)

If you are thinking about it, definitely get the 2-disc set.

DueyC

Quote from: Mordwin on April 29, 2014, 07:03:48 PM

If you are thinking about it, definitely get the 2-disc set.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure which to go for.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

catherine

I got the 2-disc set plus the bonus disc, t-shirt, glow-sticks, gig ticket, etc, and went to the album launch gig on 3 May. It was all excellent.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: catherine on May 11, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
I got the 2-disc set plus the bonus disc, t-shirt, glow-sticks, gig ticket, etc, and went to the album launch gig on 3 May. It was all excellent.

Fangrrl  8)

catherine

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 12, 2014, 11:34:37 AM
Quote from: catherine on May 11, 2014, 11:07:14 PM

Fangrrl  8)

Guilty as charged, squire  :-[

Mikey

Anyone going to Bury tonight?

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: Pedro on January 21, 2017, 09:50:28 PM
Fogey is there. :-)
Thought I saw him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk