And Now For Something Completely Different

Started by Rook, May 11, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

A little strangeness to make your day a little weirder, courtesy of the boys in Tull:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCTe_50Sy8

Trapezium Artist

Goodness me: genius. Barking mad, but genius  ;D

I'm not a natural Tull fan and wasn't at all aware of this film, the original song, or the album ("A Passion Play") that it comes from, so thanks very much for the mind-expanding link, Rook.

I do miss the 1970's something rotten on occasion. Dreadful as it was in many ways, it was nevertheless an utterly formative decade for me. I entered the decade a mere 9 year old kid and left it as a university student.

BBC4 was showing one of its many musical nostalgia-fests on Friday night, something like "Acoustic at the BBC", which left me feeling rather wistful a la Proust. Bowie's brilliant "Starman" and Donovan's "Mellow Yellow": the latter for which I don't care too much personally, but it certainly encapsulates part of the 1960's, and in 1977, I had the odd experience of seeing him supporting Yes at the Empire Pool, Wembley.

See? You've gone and got me started again ... 

D S

Completely bonkers!  :o 8) What were Ian Anderson & crew taking in the 70s?!
I only bought A Passion Play a few weeks ago and am still trying to get used to its weird & wonderful ways.  I'd no idea there was a film to accompany the middle section of the album.  Reading the comments it would appear this was a film they showed in the concert on the Passion Play tour for this interlude. (The rest of the album isn't like this, just in case anyone who hasn't heard it was wondering!).
Makes me wonder what a Lamb Lies Down film would have looked like, being from almost the same (wacky) time!  :P
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Ah, the intermission... yeah, good album, with some glorious Tull insanity in the middle :) Hadn't actually seen that video before though, so thanks for the link :)

rogerg

E.S.

Brilliant!

My favourite Tull album, I think. :)