and broken elbow :( in the way!
Get well soon, welcome to the club  :(
I used to have a signature

lyn

Quote from: Mikey on August 10, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
Quote from: lyn on August 09, 2014, 09:10:27 PM
::) Thank you! Tho' the price of membership is quite high! F*#!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

DueyC

Pedro is there, and has tweeted this. I wonder if he's filming?
pic.twitter.com/D9R18neNKd
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Mikey

Quote from: lyn on August 10, 2014, 09:22:41 PM
Quote from: Mikey on August 10, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
Quote from: lyn on August 09, 2014, 09:10:27 PM
::) Thank you! Tho' the price of membership is quite high! F*#!
Not so much the break with me, it´s the 3 month muscle wastage. I´m cream crackered and only been a couple of miles

Andy Edwards

Thanks to everyone who came last night...what a night!

Good to see some of you there, and Pedro filmed it! we recorded it and my good friend Rob Groucutt photographed it.
Jem and Steve were both fantastic, and Jem's solo piece was very moving I thought.

As I said, we did a multi track recording of the whole night, we lost a channel of drums but it all went down and Steve will be mixing that soon I hope.
And if you guys are into this kind of thing we can do it again I hope!

Please check Steve Lawson out, as well as being a formidable bass player he has a lot to say about making music in 21st century....  http://www.stevelawson.net/

Thanks again and I hope you can make it this Sunday for the gig with Brianna Corrigan from the Beautiful South.

All the best
TBE

Mikey

Tweetings, vidings, photo´s & recording´s

Like the sound of those  ;D ;D

sawtooth

Quote from: Andy Edwards on August 11, 2014, 09:45:22 AM
Thanks to everyone who came last night...what a night!

Good to see some of you there, and Pedro filmed it! we recorded it and my good friend Rob Groucutt photographed it.
Jem and Steve were both fantastic, and Jem's solo piece was very moving I thought.

As I said, we did a multi track recording of the whole night, we lost a channel of drums but it all went down and Steve will be mixing that soon I hope.
And if you guys are into this kind of thing we can do it again I hope!

Please check Steve Lawson out, as well as being a formidable bass player he has a lot to say about making music in 21st century....  http://www.stevelawson.net/

Thanks again and I hope you can make it this Sunday for the gig with Brianna Corrigan from the Beautiful South.

All the best
TBE

I'd love to hear the recording - I asked Jem on twitter if you all minded me doing an audio recording but I heard nothing back so I didn't do one. There were loads of brilliant moments in the evening, so really chuffed we'll be able to hear it again.

JakeWorrell

Last night was great! Having not been to an improv gig before I worried that it might get a bit boring but I couldn't have been more wrong. There was some superb musicianship on show from each of the L.E.G trio and it was particularly good to see TBE and Jem playing together at last.

Great venue too, very small. No lock on gents loos but once at the Wulfrun in Wolves I saw a poo on the floor so I'm not complaining.

Nice to see Pedro there after a "is that Pedro in the car next to us? It looks like him. Nah, probably not him. Oh he's facebooked me!".

Nice to meet Jim D too, sorry we didn't say goodbye properly we needed to head off and you were busy chatting to Jem.

All in all a very lovely evening. The only downer was that I had a bit off a sore throat which is now the worst case of man flu in recorded history. Could be Ebola. Sorry if everyone in attendance dies.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

rogerg

Cool!  Looking forward to seeing/hearing the results!

sawtooth

Quote from: JakeWorrell on August 11, 2014, 12:32:37 PM
The only downer was that I had a bit off a sore throat which is now the worst case of man flu in recorded history. Could be Ebola. Sorry if everyone in attendance dies.

You utter Utter UTTER B**tard!   ;D
Splutter!....

sawtooth

P.S. sorry I missed you at the gig Jake, I was sitting between Pedders, Mrs Pedders and the JohnInBlack fambly but I didn't recognise anyone else! Next time eh?

DavSel

Quote from: JakeWorrell on August 11, 2014, 12:32:37 PM
Last night was great! Having not been to an improv gig before I worried that it might get a bit boring but I couldn't have been more wrong. There was some superb musicianship on show from each of the L.E.G trio and it was particularly good to see TBE and Jem playing together at last.

Great venue too, very small. No lock on gents loos but once at the Wulfrun in Wolves I saw a poo on the floor so I'm not complaining.

Nice to see Pedro there after a "is that Pedro in the car next to us? It looks like him. Nah, probably not him. Oh he's facebooked me!".

Nice to meet Jim D too, sorry we didn't say goodbye properly we needed to head off and you were busy chatting to Jem.

All in all a very lovely evening. The only downer was that I had a bit off a sore throat which is now the worst case of man flu in recorded history. Could be Ebola. Sorry if everyone in attendance dies.

I was there too! Great evening! Hopefully you don't kill me off now! ;)

gr8gonzo

I'm glad to hear so many Frost*ies were in attendance. And doubly glad that the performance was recorded.

Andy - I think if you announce you and Jem are skipping stones on the Thames, you'll have an audience.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Andy Edwards

On Sunday Jem did a solo improvisation and it was like hearing a Frost track but from the inside out.
I've heard some mixes already from the night and there is some exciting stuff there.

For musicians like Jem (and myself to a certain extent) there are a great many problems to overcome to get an album out or do a gig. It costs in time and money and invariably there is no profit. Guys like Nick Barrett and Rob Reed and Jem are geniuses at making this work. But it can be difficult, I couldn't do it which is why I haven't got my own band!

Steve Lawson has found so many ways for musicians like us to get out and play and make recordings. He has lectured all over the world about what he calls 'sustainability' for musicians. This is why projects like this are worth supporting.
So far we have done a gig together, we may be releasing some recordings, we have some great photos and I'm sure videos will be appearing shortly....and everyone who attended I think enjoyed the night...so expect to see more of your favourite musicians appearing in this context in the future.

And I think fans will play a much bigger part in the this process, and fans who are also artist could greatly benefit, but that's another conversation.