Main Menu

DDD.sfk

Started by gr8gonzo, December 08, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

I explored my DVD last night.  My, that sounds a bit naughty, doesn't it?  No respect was lost, I assure you.  Anyway, amongst the fine instrumental mp3s there is also a file named "Dear Dead Days.sfk"

I looked up the extension, but failed to ascertain the purpose of its inclusion on the DVD.  Is this a file that should be ignored, or is there some fantastic secret joke/handshake/biscuit in there that should have me downloading the necessary software to open it?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

johninblack

Quote from: "Google "The .SFK file extension identifies a Sound Forge Audio Peak file. Sounds Forge Audio Peak is an audio and waveform rendering tool from Sony Corporation. The .SFK file, itself, doesn't actually contain any audio data, but instead only the image of the sound file contained in the associated .WAV file.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

SerFox

I asked Jem about this a while ago, actually...

Quote"I can't rememebr TBH. And I can't access it anymore either so I can't find out. Thorry!"

If anyone has a copy of SOny Acid, go and open it, would you, and see what happens? I'll ask around and give people the file and see what they make of it. It could just be a stray project file while doing the instrumentals and the reproducers just left it there thinking it might be vital.

One last thought, it MIGHT be the clip of DDD you get when the DVD intro plays. I don't know why it would be seperate but... it's a thought.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Google "The .SFK file extension identifies a Sound Forge Audio Peak file. Sounds Forge Audio Peak is an audio and waveform rendering tool from Sony Corporation. The .SFK file, itself, doesn't actually contain any audio data, but instead only the image of the sound file contained in the associated .WAV file.

I had already looked up what it was, I just don't get why it's there and why only for that song?  Just curious.  Maybe the person that put it on there is the same guy responsible for numbering the tracks on the booklet.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

tomskerous

Quote from: "SerFox"One last thought, it MIGHT be the clip of DDD you get when the DVD intro plays. I don't know why it would be seperate but... it's a thought.

That'll more likely be a .VOB file. Pretty much everything to do with 'being a DVD' is to be found in VIDEO_TS. You can even crack them open in stuff like VLC or open files in DVD player software and have a watch...
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Mikey

raises hand  ............... Can we have this translated for the stupid?
I used to have a signature

tomskerous

Or, more honestly, to those with better things to do with their time than ever having to go through the pure pain of learning professional DVD authoring.

Kids?

Don't do it.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

James_S

Usually you get .sfk files when you save something in sound forge. I guess it just slipped in by accident.

As said earlier, its just a file which contains a snapshot of what the sound file looks like, so it can be drawn quicker on the screen.
So many keyboards, so little time!

SerFox

Likely case, Jem stuck that on a DVD R with the video files and gave it to someone and told them to do the doo dah and make it snazzy, they took away the abandoned song file but put that file on there by mistake when finalizing.

*awaits reward biscuit*

Drarok

Isn't Sound Forge a Windows app, though?

James_S

Quote from: "Drarok"Isn't Sound Forge a Windows app, though?

Yes - maybe it was done by the mastering person?

SerFox

Quote from: "James_S"

In WINDOWS? BLASPHEMY!!!

James_S

Quote from: "SerFox"
Quote from: "James_S"

In WINDOWS? BLASPHEMY!!!

So you'd not listen to it if its been near a windows machine? ;)