Big Big Train live

Started by D S, October 25, 2014, 10:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Somehow I'd missed this, despite regularly checking their website. 3 dates in August 2015, all in London (:-\) , 2 already sold out. Still tickets for the Sunday matinee - got mine!
Quick, hurry!  8)
http://www.bigbigtrain.com/main/gigs
Come on, you\'re a lion!

RacingHippo

And open to under 14s.
A certain BBT fan who will be 12 by then is rather excited about where he'll be that Friday night :-D
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: D S on October 25, 2014, 10:38:58 AM
Somehow I'd missed this, despite regularly checking their website.

I'd recommend the BBT group on Facebook, if you're not already in it. It's an active group and news spreads quickly there.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

D S

So, any other Frost*ies going along to see BBT this weekend?  I'll be there on Sunday.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

L33VEY

I shall be there on Saturday - hoping to get NdV to sign my copy of Philadelphia Experiment
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

D S

Quote from: L33VEY on August 11, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
I shall be there on Saturday - hoping to get NdV to sign my copy of Philadelphia Experiment
Good thought! Jem & JM have signed my copy already so it would be good to add Nick too.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Er, what Gr8Gonzo said about the BBT group. Great place to be. I'll be at the gig on Friday. :)

RacingHippo

I'll be there on Friday with my partner and my 12yo BBT-loving son :)
* May contain nuts.

Dodie

Me and my 15-year-old son will also be at King's Place on 15 August. Tickets booked as soon as they went on sale!
There's not that many bands I'd be determined not to miss, but BBT are one of the very select few.

L33VEY

Quote from: L33VEY on August 11, 2015, 07:56:07 PM

Job done - what a nice bloke   8)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

D S

Well, that was some gig. ;D Great venue and sound, great set, an attentive and appreciative audience and, of course, a band at the top of their game. You could not tell it was only their 3rd gig in 17 years. Some real lump in the throat moments in there. If BBT don't win next year's Prog magazine gig of the year award, there is something wrong.
Good to briefly say hi to some Frost*ies - Catherine and a couple we haven't seen on here for a while, Mouse and James. And Nellie of course!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

Quote from: D S on August 16, 2015, 07:08:50 PM
If BBT don't win next year's Prog magazine gig of the year award, there is something wrong.
Or someone else does something better in the next 340 days or so.... ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jem

Gotta love BBT. Gentlemen every one of 'em.  :)

D S

Quote from: Jem on August 19, 2015, 08:09:55 AM
Gotta love BBT. Gentlemen every one of 'em.  :)
Indeed - except for Rachel Hall obviously!  ;)
Actually, Rachel deserves a special mention.  Danny Manners just did his own thing with your first keyboard solo in the The Underfall Yard and didn't really make any attempt to replicate that mad but wonderful solo.  However, Rachel pretty much played the 2nd solo note for note / bend for bend on the violin!  :o 8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Indeed, her solo in Underfall was exceptional, and Gem's original really lends itself to the violin. The gig was wondreful indeed, spectacular. :) Great night all round, apart from some jackass making a racket in the Rotunder bar before the gig. :)