Sodajerker on Songwriting

Started by Mooncat, November 11, 2014, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

One of my bandmates recently switched me on to this podcast, and knowing there are many musical types on here I thought it may be of interest.
I'm currently working my way through the back catalogue, and although there aren't too many proggy names on there at present, rest assured I've made a few suggestions  ;)
I think Jem and JM episodes would be fun (if they could squeeze the time in) either separately or as a duo.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

JimD

http://www.sodajerker.com/

I tweeted to both Sodajerker and Jem once about the possibility of JG being on there but nothing has happened. Similarly Green Gartside. Maybe some things are just not meant to be.

There really are some fascinating interviews on there. I would recommend the Andy Partridge, Nik Kershaw, Mark King and Mike Batt ones for inspiration and ideas, even if you don't like their work necessarily.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

D S

Thanks.  There are some really big names on there and many whose song-writing I admire.  I'll certainly have a listen to those when I get the chance.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Hi thanks for this recommendation. I'll defo take a look. I'm very interested in different song writers' processes.

Mooncat

I too have mentioned to them Jem & JM,although I guess Jem possibly has the bigger profile from their point of view due to his chart work and the Radio 2 jingles etc.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy