Are Frost* Still Going?

Started by Wickerman, December 12, 2014, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33VEY

Quote from: DueyC on February 21, 2015, 06:56:49 PM
No activity on his facebook page either.

However, he has contributed to John Mitchell's Lonely Robot album, so he must still be out there somewhere...

If he makes it along to the launch event on Monday, you can be sure that those Frost*ies present will gently try to find out what's up..   8)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

L33VEY

Just to report that Jem is alive ,well and cheerful, having attended John's launch party tonight.
There is nothing sinister in his Twitter profile being a book entitled "Microwave for One".  He just saw it in a bookshop and thought it was the saddest title imaginable..
Certainly no mention of work on an impending release, the day job and a growing up family come first.  But while Messrs Godfrey, Mitchell and Blundell are sharing the same patch of floor near Kings Cross, then who knows..  ;)

rogerg

And if you want to hear a bit of Jem, and some near-frost*iness, get Lonely Robot.  ;D

XeRocks81

He's now disappeared from twitter altogether... again.   

DueyC

Quote from: XeRocks81 on March 04, 2015, 06:35:03 PM

...but has popped up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrjemgodfrey
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

XeRocks81

I'll never get why he says things like this:

"I do hope people understand that I'm not just about 64th notes and going "Waaaaaa" over a ton of chords."

Did anyone ever think this?  Is that what Frost* was?  Seriously Mr. Godfrey...

Mikey

Quote from: DueyC on March 04, 2015, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: XeRocks81 on March 04, 2015, 06:35:03 PM

...but has popped up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrjemgodfrey
I have to agree, rarely go on to twitter now
I used to have a signature

JaredWard

I'm really needing a Jem/Frost* fix.. it's a shame he hasn't put out an album in so long. I understand he's guested on a few things & a couple of his tracks were on Soundcloud but it's not the same. Anything with his voice & melodies on it is gold imo.

PS: Lonely Robot was okay but nothing compared to Frost*.

rogerg

Well, we are definitely rabid fans, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for making the next Milliontown...

I'm enjoying Lonely Robot and Hand. Cannot. Erase.  two terrific albums with lots of epicness.

;D

Mordwin

tigermoth

I don't recall as this thread has been going a while, but has anybody pointed L33vey in this direction:   http://www.drarok.com/frost/

Perhaps not the deep and meaningful you're looking for, but lots of Frost and Jem related stuff that might fill the gap for a little while and certainly give you a laugh.

L33VEY

Quote from: tigermoth on March 10, 2015, 04:25:52 AM
I don't recall as this thread has been going a while, but has anybody pointed L33vey in this direction:   http://www.drarok.com/frost/

Perhaps not the deep and meaningful you're looking for, but lots of Frost and Jem related stuff that might fill the gap for a little while and certainly give you a laugh.

Oh yes.  Been there - heard that - bought lots of T shirts (from Nellie) ;)

Jim Takacs

And on that note or.. err...  Anyone have a copy of that one tune Jem Did a while back. More specifically the cover of a Very Famous "fanfare" type requiem-ish-esq.. thing with 5 words in the title?    No Names... No Names...  I really need a copy since the HD it was located on shit the bed...    kerzwhile@yahoo if you will..  :D
::I Like Cheese::

Mikey

Quote from: Jim Takacs on April 04, 2015, 08:08:26 PM
And on that note or.. err...  Anyone have a copy of that one tune Jem Did a while back. More specifically the cover of a Very Famous "fanfare" type requiem-ish-esq.. thing with 5 words in the title?    No Names... No Names...  I really need a copy since the HD it was located on shit the bed...    kerzwhile@yahoo if you will..  :D
I might know under which corner of the duvet it's hidden

Mikey

Is that really your email address?