Ordering Information

Started by TheAmerican, November 07, 2008, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAmerican

a question about the new shop.

Is there any benefit to ordering the new album from the new shop as opposed to CRS (the old).

I've had the album pre-ordered from CRS for some time now (in the hope that they ship to the US), and am wondering whether or not it is worth it to pre-order it again from the new shop to up my chances of getting it as early as possible.

Also, what is with Amazon.co.uk pushing the release date back?  I got an e-mail today that said it was going to be released on what i believe is the US release date.  Something i should know about?

Gratias Ago

and of course - - Prog On

Mikey

Quote from: "TheAmerican"a question about the new shop.

Is there any benefit to ordering the new album from the new shop as opposed to CRS (the old).
Shouldn't think so, all the orders were going to TLD
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Cheaper...my favourite kind of benefit  :D
Too bad I ordered after the first price drop.  :(
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Doesn't look like TLD has signed up yet.
Go to control panel
Friends & Foes
Manage Friends, (If you have any)
In the middle of the screen 'Find a member'

Might be busy beavering

J Jonah Jameson

Hello all,

The CRS Rok Shop was a transitional arrangement to allow us to sell merchandise on line until we had our lovely new site sorted out. Basivally, they had access to a means of taking card payments and we did not. Obviously we had to pay them a fee for their trouble, as well as the card costs, but it meant we could get stuff to people who wanted it and hopefully get a few people from the CRS into Frost* and vice versa.

Other than that, they simply passed on the details of the orders to us. Or not, as the case might be, which has caused some problems which we are trying to rectify, but the sending out of orders is done by The Lovely Deb in either case. So free window clings go with every order wherever they come from, until we run out.

She'll no doubt be joining us shortly, but until then, please feel free to mail me. We've tried to pass on savings where we can, and improve the service to you.

In either case, orders will all go out at the same time with the intention of getting them to you around the UK release date of 17th November.  Wherever you are in the world.

Public service announcement over!

JJJ

Mikey

Quote from: "J Jonah Jameson"Hello all,

The CRS Rok Shop was a transitional arrangement to allow us to sell merchandise on line until we had our lovely new site sorted out. Basivally, they had access to a means of taking card payments and we did not. Obviously we had to pay them a fee for their trouble, as well as the card costs, but it meant we could get stuff to people who wanted it and hopefully get a few people from the CRS into Frost* and vice versa.

Other than that, they simply passed on the details of the orders to us. Or not, as the case might be, which has caused some problems which we are trying to rectify, but the sending out of orders is done by The Lovely Deb in either case. So free window clings go with every order wherever they come from, until we run out.

She'll no doubt be joining us shortly, but until then, please feel free to mail me. We've tried to pass on savings where we can, and improve the service to you.

In either case, orders will all go out at the same time with the intention of getting them to you around the UK release date of 17th November.  Wherever you are in the world.

Public service announcement over!

JJJ
:D  :D  :D  :D I was thinking you might need to post this in every thread

J Jonah Jameson

TheAmerican

alacrity of response was very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Is there some way to make sure that our orders are valid (i.e. that we are going to get the album on time)?  

I only say this because i never got an e-mail confirmation or anything from the order.

Thanks again

Mikey

Quote from: "TheAmerican"alacrity of response was very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Is there some way to make sure that our orders are valid (i.e. that we are going to get the album on time)?  

I only say this because i never got an e-mail confirmation or anything from the order.

Thanks again
PM JJJ

J Jonah Jameson

You got it again...  It's like having Doris Stokes on site.

If you do, can you give me your real name though, as Pay Pal always comes up with things like Trevor Ponsonby-Smythe rather than Goat Fondler or whatever...

JJJ

Mikey

It's not rocket science, is it?

Onanist

Quote from: "Mikey"It's not rocket science, is it?

never mind that...

Rocket science is an informal term for aerospace engineering especially as it concerns rockets which launch spacecraft into or operate in outer space.
Due to the complexity and depth of this area of engineering (requiring mastery in subjects including mechanics (fluid mechanics, structural mechanics, orbital mechanics, flight dynamics), mathematics, control engineering, materials science, aeroelasticity, avionics, reliability engineering, noise control and flight test), it is also informally used, much like brain surgery, as a term to describe an endeavor requiring great intelligence or technical ability. Often the term is used ironically to describe an endeavor that is simple and straightforward by stating "it's not rocket science" or "it doesn't take a rocket scientist". It is also used ironically to describe a person who is simple-minded: "He/she's not a rocket scientist."

rogerg

I prefer " it's not rocket surgery".

wickedwitch

Quote from: "J Jonah Jameson"You got it again...  It's like having Doris Stokes on site.

If you do, can you give me your real name though, as Pay Pal always comes up with things like Trevor Ponsonby-Smythe rather than Goat Fondler or whatever...

JJJ

goat fondler... funny boy  :D