Free Gear Alert!!!

Started by sawtooth, December 09, 2008, 12:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

I like stuff for free, so long as it's legal. So this Kore Player freebie from Native Instruments made me and my wallet very happy.  :D  Just installing it now but apparently it loads up with sounds pulled from the NI range of instruments. And you can load in extra Kore Soundpacks for 50 - 70 euros, presumably this is where NI are hoping to hook you in to make their money back, and obviously it 'aint much use if you've got loads of NI synths.

//http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=koreplayer&L=1&ftu=43f54df725201fc

{EDIT} well after a quick play with this, there's actually not that many instruments to start with, so I guess the Soundpacks are the main reason for the free player (obvious innit?).

rogerg

nice!  I'll grab that when I get home tomorrow.

here's the fixed link, btw  ;)  Kore Player

rogerg

Dr.Ripper

Quote from: "rogerg"free is always good!  8-)
'Course it is! I got it and I don't even have a MIDI anything!

It works in microphone inputs too, so I'll definetly try that when I get the chance with my electric guitar.
whut

Dr.Ripper

Excuse the double post please.

So I got this doo da installed and updated and all that. I plugged my guitar into the 3.5 mm microphone jack with a 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter. But there's no MIDI activity. I realize that the microphone thing does not equal the MIDI thing, but shouldn't it work anyway?
whut

RWA

Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"Excuse the double post please.

So I got this doo da installed and updated and all that. I plugged my guitar into the 3.5 mm microphone jack with a 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter. But there's no MIDI activity. I realize that the microphone thing does not equal the MIDI thing, but shouldn't it work anyway?
It would be spectacular to get midi activity that way!  ;)

So far so good. But plugging your git into a 3.5 mic jack (from the internal soundcard I persume) doesn't sound like the way to go. And even if you do get a signal in your putta you always have to tell the software where signals come from and go too. Check the settings of both yer putta and (in this case) NI Kore to makes sure everything is routed into this progam.

I've grabbed this thing months ago but haven't given it a proper wanking. Thanks for the reminder.  :D

Dr.Ripper

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"Excuse the double post please.

It would be spectacular to get midi activity that way!  ;)

So far so good. But plugging your git into a 3.5 mic jack (from the internal soundcard I persume) doesn't sound like the way to go. And even if you do get a signal in your putta you always have to tell the software where signals come from and go too. Check the settings of both yer putta and (in this case) NI Kore to makes sure everything is routed into this progam.

I've grabbed this thing months ago but haven't given it a proper wanking. Thanks for the reminder.  :D

I know the computer is receiving the signal from the guitar (since the basic sound recorder seems to be able to pick it up and record), and I've checked the signal inputs and outs in KORE itself. Still no activity.

Hrm.....
whut

rogerg

unless you have a guitar to midi converter in there that'll never work.

RWA

Quote from: "rogerg"unless you have a guitar to midi converter in there that'll never work.
Well, not for playing the internal sounds of course. But I believe this thing can do more then that. Like feeding audio through effects or amps. I'm not sure, I'll have to check first. I might be talking bullocks here.

EVP

I downloaded this a little while back and installed it but never really dug into it.
I've since purchased Omnisphere so it's fallen by the wayside for now. There is
only one patch I absolutely love from Absynth called "Tension Space HS" and
I'm curioous to know if it's in the Absynth sound pack.

RWA

Look! a new (free) sound pack for Kore player.  :)

QuoteTo celebrate a great year for music production, Native Instruments has prepared this free gift for you. KORE SOUNDPACK COMPILATION VOL.1 is a full-featured production-ready sound library that includes 100 Kore Sounds plus 700 Sound Variations, taken from twelve different KORE SOUNDPACKS. You will find a wide range of carefully selected synthesizers, acoustic instruments, percussion, groove construction kits and multi-effects patches, instantly usable for a wide range of musical styles and genres.
Gives one a bit more to play with.
I do think it's a bit lame to only put in carefully selected patches. Wicked Germans. I mean, why not do it uncarefully for once and put in a selecting of f*ck all?!

Just my 2 cents.  :)