Lonely Robot - Please Come Home (JM solo album)

Started by Mooncat, January 11, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Very cool!  8) Good quality too given the unconventional methods involved to get them from your camera to Prog!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Just giving Lonely Robot it's first spin. It came on Monday but I haven't had chance to play it yet. Now here I am wide awake at 3:30 AM and it's just looking at me saying "Go on! Play me!". The end of track one is positively freeky. I think I'm going to enjoy this. I seem to hear a lot of Gem in the production, and that dark feel that JM does so well is very apparent. Right, I'll stop typing and listen. :)

tigermoth

Ah! I was right. Refering to a previous comment of mine, it is Kim Seviour on Oubliette. The DJ on the Progrock.com show was in error. :) This is a super album. :)  Peter Cox! Bloody inspired! :)

MikeEvs

Quote from: tigermoth on February 25, 2015, 04:09:19 AM
Ah! I was right. Refering to a previous comment of mine, it is Kim Seviour on Oubliette. The DJ on the Progrock.com show was in error. :) This is a super album. :)  Peter Cox! Bloody inspired! :)

Yes it is Kim on Oubliette, they did a great stripped down version of it at the launch party  :)

rogerg

Mikey

Enjoying this one.
Very Kino sounding to me, with a bit of Frost* at the start.
Anyone know anything about tour dates yet? I've been offline.

John will be tied up with Arena for a while (anyone going?) so it can't be too soon.
I used to have a signature

DueyC

No dates mentioned, but he sounded keen to get it on the road  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Nellie

It's in the post!

Mikey

I used to have a signature

rogerg

Quote from: Mikey on March 18, 2015, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: Nellie on March 18, 2015, 06:20:39 PM
GIG
Nope, that still says December........................ever the optimist :)

heh

but every year gets a December, and we ain't had this one yet.

Trapezium Artist

Just started listening this new agey concentration & focus thing, to get my head wrapped around some complex gubbins. I know; don't judge me.

I did not, however, expect to have Mr Mitchell enter the room at a glacial pace and creep up on me. Is that "Humans Being" I'm hearing in the opening minute or two of this?

https://youtu.be/ckv2cVmz1-4

Mordwin

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on March 15, 2017, 05:27:19 PM
Just started listening this new agey concentration & focus thing, to get my head wrapped around some complex gubbins. I know; don't judge me.

I did not, however, expect to have Mr Mitchell enter the room at a glacial pace and creep up on me. Is that "Humans Being" I'm hearing in the opening minute or two of this?

https://youtu.be/ckv2cVmz1-4

*blinks*

Does rather sound like the same chord progression doesn't it?

D S

Humans Being is obviously played at a much faster tempo but I can see why you thought that.
It's a pretty common 3 chord progression (basically variations around Am - Em - F) so no more than coincidence I suspect!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: D S on March 15, 2017, 06:34:22 PM
Humans Being is obviously played at a much faster tempo but I can see why you thought that.
It's a pretty common 3 chord progression (basically variations around Am - Em - F) so no more than coincidence I suspect!  8)

Sure, but there are other notes going up and down at the right time (sorry for the technical terminology: I'm a musical consumer, not producer  :P), which make it much more similar than that, I reckon. Yes, it's way slower, but ...

Mordwin

I was assuming as much, it wasn't as if it was an exact slowed down copy... still, did make one do a brief double-take :D

Now, if it had sounded like some of Jem's really expensive chords...  ;D