Oliver Postgate

Started by Lacklight, December 09, 2008, 10:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacklight

Possibly not that well know outside of the UK but the co-creator of some of the most wonderful and surreal children's programmes of the 60's and 70's, Oliver Postgate, has died aged 83.

His achievements included Bagpuss, Noggin The Nog, Ivor The Engine, Pogle's Wood and The Clangers and I remember so many of those programmes with great affection.

Dave M

The Clangers ... I loved that when I were a lad  !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Geetar

Voices stuck in my head forever- Oliver Postgate,  Brian Cant, Johnny Morris...
This space for sale.

Tricky

Quote from: "Geetar"Voices stuck in my head forever- Oliver Postgate,  Brian Cant, Johnny Morris...
and also Alastair Cooke  :?
I get the wierdest synasthesia whenever I hear excerpts from Letters from America:
the smell of cheese on toast is conjured up by his voice.  I guess it comes from (my parents) listening to Radio 4 during Saturday teatime (and I had a great fondness for cheese on toast)

Aaah - nostalgia ain't what it used to be...
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Nellie

I have the Clangers complete series on DVD and my 5 year old is transfixed whenever he watches it and as we watched the news this morning, he asked me if I had Ivor the Engine too. Who needs Ben 10?
It's in the post!

J Jonah Jameson

"Long ago, in a land far, far away..."

JJJ

johninblack

Quote from: "Nellie"I have the Clangers complete series on DVD and my 5 year old is transfixed whenever he watches it and as we watched the news this morning, he asked me if I had Ivor the Engine too. Who needs Ben 10?

Brilliant programs. A testament to their excellence is that they are still as valid today as when they were made.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

tomskerous

I heartily recommend his autobiography 'Seeing Things' too.

Very sadly missed.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Nellie

We must all remember to have a drink to celebrate his genius NEXT SATURDAY! (very excited)
It's in the post!

LivingForever

Quote from: "Nellie"We must all remember to have a drink to celebrate his genius NEXT SATURDAY! (very excited)

Remind me to buy you one to make up for the whole 'Italian' debacle...  :lol:
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Nellie

I'll be the one dressed as the soup dragon. What's happening anyway? Is there a gig on? ;)
It's in the post!