Tiger Moth Tales live gigs!

Started by tigermoth, March 05, 2015, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

I'm indecently excited to announce that Magenta have asked Tiger Moth Tales (me) to support their shows at the Borderline in London and the Robin in Wolverhampton on the 27th and 28th of June retrospectively. These will be the first ever live TMT gigs, so this is a happy occasion for me and a great honour to be mixing with the cream of Prog. I'm very grateful for this opotunity. In celebration of this, I also thought I'd post here this vid of my version of a Genesis classic which we filmed at the Pop factory recently. Please enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo3EJaFM7aE

D S

Yay!  Congrats Pete.  What a double bill - the return of Magenta and TMT.  Although it's a long way for me to go, I'm actually quite tempted to try and get to the Borderline for that.  Will it just be you or will there be a TMT band?
Love the stripped-down live acoustic version of A Visit to Chigwick you put on Soundcloud.
https://soundcloud.com/tiger-moth-tales/a-visit-to-chigwick-live
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

With some warm up gigs oop norf?
I used to have a signature

tigermoth

Hi chaps. Great if you can make it DS, but I shal completely understand if you can't. After all, I can't say much, after the amount of times I've moaned because bands don't gig near where I live. Lol. Well Mikey me old conker, Its funny but now the gigs have been announced, I'm thinking about getting some more in and it would be great to do some up north as you say. I'll speak to my Welsh friends, but if you frosties can think of any good venues for such a thing please let me know. :) I think at this juncture and with it being a support slot, it may be an acoustic piano guitar type thing, but the band thing is in progress and will happen one day this year. :) That said, the acoustic thing is kind of nice, and it does mean I can potentially go more places more easily.

rogerg

DueyC

Lifesigns will be touring oop North in December. I've put your name forward as a possible support.

That should please Mikey  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

tigermoth

Thank you DueyC. Thats very kind, and that would be interesting indeed. :)

Mooncat

Will be seeing you at the Robin - hopefully catch a natter at the pre gig party too!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mikey

Quote from: DueyC on April 27, 2015, 10:18:10 PM
Lifesigns will be touring oop North in December. I've put your name forward as a possible support.

That should please Mikey  :)
It most certainly will/does  :)

D S

Hmm - you must be party to info not yet on the Lifesigns website Julie!
Any idea just how far north they are venturing? (i.e. are they going further north than 'the north'?! ;))
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Quote from: D S on April 28, 2015, 01:31:52 PM
Hmm - you must be party to info not yet on the Lifesigns website Julie!
Any idea just how far north they are venturing? (i.e. are they going further north than 'the north'?! ;))

You're right - the website person is slacking. I'll have to have words  ;)

If you are on facebook, the latest gig list is here: https://www.facebook.com/Signslife/events

The current list is:
May 6th - Guildford, Electric Theatre
Jun 12th - Uckfield, Trading Boundaries
Nov 15-19th - Cruise to the Edge, Miami
Dec 4th - Leicester, The Musician (headlining Danfest V)
Dec 6th - Leamington, Zephyr Lounge
Dec 10th - Liverpool, Zanzibar Club
Dec 11th - Bolton, Railway
Dec 12th - York, Fibbers
Dec 13th - London, The Lexington
Jan 24th - Bilston, Robin 2
Jan 31st - Southampton, Talking Heads

DS - perhaps not far enough north for you, unless you can round up enough people to make it worth their while crossing the border.

Pete, sorry I've hijacked your thread, but JY did respond positively to my email, so hopefully we'll see you at one or more of those gigs  :)

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Mikey

Hmm, York isn't exactly just over the border for DS, but that looks a good date for me  :) :)

tigermoth

As someone who gets grumpy about traveling even to my own gigs, York ain't too bad for me. Lol. And DueyC thanks very much for putting a good word in. I think Life Signs are great, especially love the vocalist who's name unfortunately won't spring to mind at the moment. :) It would certainly be great if it happened. :)

Mikey

That would be Mr. Young, occasionally of this parish

tigermoth