TMT interviews.

Started by tigermoth, March 11, 2015, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeEvs

Quote from: JakeWorrell on March 26, 2015, 10:32:31 AM
Indeed! But then District 97 is made up of former American Idol contestants if I remember correctly so perhaps talent shows are the true path to prog?

I think it's just Leslie that was on American Idol

Mooncat

And not really prog, but Carly Smithson who also appeared on the show ended up fronting the band of ex-Evanescence members, We Are The Fallen. And Adam Lambert has ended up singing for Queen (well May & Taylor, but that's a whole other argument)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

D S

And bringing it back to Frost*, Jem was approached to be the musical director for the X Factor a few years ago but declined.  Might have been interesting if he'd accepted - "We've got this little song for you to sing in 7/8..."  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Can't wait for when Jem does his own live version of That's My Goal on the next Frost Tour. Lol ... hold on, I can wait for one of those things. Or as Shane sang it "That's my eegoal". Here's a bit of X factor trivia for you. I didn't know until later, but That's My Goal was offered to Steve Brookstein when he won, but he turned it down. Unfortunately he then ended up with Against All Odds which was probably a much worse suggestion particularly as he buggered it up on the live show when he won. :) But, if Emma and I hadn't got voted out on the third show, and then we'd managed not to get voted out on the 4th, 5th 6th 7th and 8th, if we had in fact won, we could have possibly ended up singing a song written by Jem Godfrey.  Firther more, this would probably have meant far less to me than it should because I'm probably a bit of a pop snob and Frost hadnt even been born at this point so I would never have heard of him anyway. :) So, probably a good job all of that didn't happen eh. Lol. On the other hand, if it had happened and we'd ever met, then one of us could have got talking about Genesis or something. And then I could have said, "Hey Jem me old mate, why don't we form a Prog band? You could do keys obviously, and I could play triangle or something. And we could call it ... Ice!!". Ah, what if? Lol

owen

Quote from: D S on March 27, 2015, 05:31:07 PM
And bringing it back to Frost*, Jem was approached to be the musical director for the X Factor a few years ago but declined.  Might have been interesting if he'd accepted - "We've got this little song for you to sing in 7/8..."  ;)

I thought he said they'd put in a bid but Mr Cowell was too much of a cheap skate?

tigermoth

Well, I can't  help thinking that it was a blessing indisguise. Gary Barlow is proof of the fact that for whatever reasons you get involved with X factor, whether it be to try and improve it or just to further your image and career, you will ultimately have to bend to the power of the greater machine and you'll just be a cog.

D S

Quote from: owen on March 27, 2015, 11:49:07 PM
Quote from: D S on March 27, 2015, 05:31:07 PM

I thought he said they'd put in a bid but Mr Cowell was too much of a cheap skate?
Actually, I think you're right. I seem to remember him saying he didn't come cheap!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

You'll be telling us you've done Eurovision next  >:(
I used to have a signature

tigermoth

Hooray! It's interview day. Part four now, following on from part three. ... hmm. Here I chat a bit about the kind of stuff I was writing before Cocoon was concieved. Thanks for watching lovelies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK0DFFpZbqM

Mikey

Does that make it 4/3 time?  ???
I used to have a signature