Hackett lovers and fans of great prog in general, your attention please!

Started by tigermoth, April 02, 2015, 01:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Exciting news for Hackett lovers, and I'm mighty proud to say I'm involved. You may have heard of this already, but I'm happy to report that a new version of the Hackett classic Spectral Mornings has been recorded, with vocals/lyrics (yes you read right) by David Longdon and Christina Booth. The Magenta conection is not intirely surprising as the whole thing has been engineered and put together by the inestimable Rob Reed. The talents heard on this beautiful reworking include Mr Longdon and Christeena as mentioned, Nicks D'vergilio and Beggs, plus the great man himself Steve Hackett. All proceeds from this great collaberation are going to the Parkinson's charity. But the extra bit of news which is blowing my mind with excitement and joy, is that yours Truely will be featuring on the EP. I'm not on the main track, but Rob did some alternative mixes which make up the other 3 tracks. He's a fan of recorders and whistles in general, and he had heard my playing. He asked me if I'd like to play on the instrumental version (track 3). I need hardly say I jumped at the chance with much excitement and gratitude. I recorded my parts and sent them over to Rob, and with in an hour or so, he sent me back a mix. What I wasn't prepared for was the stunningly beautiful arrangement which Rob had done which made my Recorder sound far better than it was. And what then knocked me sideways was the bit where I finish playing, and Mr Hackett takes over. What an unimaginable honour to be on the same track as Steve Hackett, a hero of mine for so many years. And how wonderful to be involved in this great work for a much deserving charity with some of the cream of the Prog fraternity. I don't know how to express my gratitude and i'm so glad to be a part of this. Of course I know you'll all be rushing to buy a copy or six, and you can read more about it and preorder from here:
http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5026
Please do take a look and help us raise all we can by sharing this and spreading the word. Very happy today!

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

tigermoth

Thanks folks. :) No no, I am not worthy, but it would be rude to refuse. Lol

Mikey

I used to have a signature

tigermoth

Naa then we'll av none o' that lad. Lol. :) I'm but a street erchin, hanging on to the coat tales of the royalty. :)

Mikey

I used to have a signature

tigermoth

tigermoth