Main Menu

OMNISPHERE 2

Started by sawtooth, May 13, 2015, 12:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

If your credit card is maxed please ignore the following hotlink!  ;D

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/omnisphere/index.php

JakeWorrell

I really need to try very hard not to buy this. Particularly now Camel Audio have been acquired.

Also:
Quote from: sawtooth on May 13, 2015, 12:02:54 PMhotlink
Not heard that one for a while!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen

Do you have Logic, Jake? The rumour was Apple we're going to incorporate it as an update. Doubt if it'll be free, mind

rogerg

Quote from: owen on May 14, 2015, 08:58:52 AM
Do you have Logic, Jake? The rumour was Apple we're going to incorporate it as an update. Doubt if it'll be free, mind

ooh!  yes, please!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: owen on May 14, 2015, 08:58:52 AM

I lack Logic (possibly in more ways than one). I'm more of a Cubase & Renoise kind of guy
"The longer the note, the more dread."

tigermoth

I shal investigate this. :)

sawtooth

Quote from: tigermoth on May 15, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
I shal investigate this. :)

I'm sure you'd love it my Mothy chum!
Next time I see you I'll give you a quick demo of the original Omnisphere. It's full of fab sounds.

Rook

Yeah, I'm going to have to upgrade... :)

Rook

Yeah, I had to upgrade... :)

owen

Now to upgrade the hardware ?

Mikey

At this rate the update will need an update :)
I used to have a signature

Jem

I've always avoided Omnisphere out of fear of D50-itis (i.e. using a preset that's so blindingly obviously an Omnisphere preset that it bites you in the arse for evermore... like the start of Skyscraper)

Is it worth getting over that?

sawtooth

Quote from: Jem on June 23, 2015, 08:20:01 AM
I've always avoided Omnisphere out of fear of D50-itis (i.e. using a preset that's so blindingly obviously an Omnisphere preset that it bites you in the arse for evermore... like the start of Skyscraper)

Absolutely! Loads of the sounds are so responsive to playing styles and that they would probably sound totally different in different hands.
Like, for example, they would sound infinitely better if you were playing them rather than my ham-fisted attempts ...  ;)

Pedro

I agree that in Jem's hands Omnisphere would really sing.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

Quote from: Jem on June 23, 2015, 08:20:01 AM

I know what you mean, but I think that out of 10,000 patches it ships with, only about 4000 fall in to that category. Remember also, apart from its sample set and audio mangling features it is also a brilliant synth. Like... I no longer have access virus envy :)