Chris Squire poorly

Started by catherine, May 20, 2015, 10:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on May 28, 2015, 08:18:23 AM
I regard slagging off ESA as going a little too far. I'm sure they're not full of overinflated egos and bloat

Oh, but you'd be wrong, so very wrong ...  8)

Not in my area, of course ...

That said, if NASA can live without a definite article in front of their name, so can ESA. Thank you  :)

Asia: Chinese food of music. I liked them for a a couple of years. I have not liked them for 30 more. Shame: I've always liked Steve Howe.

Buggles + Yes: The Buggers, as my very pissed off Yesfan friend said in 1980.

Personally, I think Drama is excellent stuff.

TA out.

D S

Talking of which, I see Yes are doing a 10 date UK tour next April / May where they will be playing the whole of Drama and Fragile.  Hmm - might be tempted by that - but whether it is Billy Sherwood or Chris Squire on bass remains to be seen...

"Grammy award-winning rock giants, YES, announce double-album 2016 Spring tour where fans can look forward to a unique YES experience with the band performing two of its iconic albums in their entirety, Fragile and, for the first time ever, Drama, in addition to classic YES tracks.

"This is a first for us," said YES guitarist, Steve Howe. "This is the first time we'll be performing Drama in its entirety. In fact, most of the Drama songs haven't been performed in some 30 years." YES drummer, Alan White, adds, "Drama's a great album, and we decided it's long past due to bring its life and energy back to the forefront. We think the fans will love hearing Fragile and Drama in their entirety, and we certainly look forward to performing them."

The 2016 tour marks a return for YES after the phenomenal success of their sell-out 2014 triple-album UK tour. The demand for tickets exceeded all expectations; YES are delighted to be able to give their fans this opportunity to see them once again performing live. This double-album tour will also see YES perform a number of their seminal tracks, "Owner of a Lonely Heart", "Starship Trooper" and more. "
Come on, you\'re a lion!

catherine

Can't really imagine Fragile without Wakeman, Bruford and Anderson... and I think it's unlikely, given what Chris Squire has got, that he will be resuming bass duties any time soon. His age is against him, and the median overall survival for his condition is about 8 months :(

D S

That is one scary webpage  :o - I think I recognised the words "the" and "and" but the rest may as well have been another language!  :P
But yes, I tend to agree with you on both counts.  I would really be going to hear Drama (which would have 3 of the 5 original members - provided they keep well too.)  Fragile isn't one of my favourite Yes albums, just because of all the little solo tracks, which can be hit or miss - and they also makes it a strange choice to play in its entirety if the original performers aren't there.  I mean, the Fish not played by Chris?  ???  The 3 key band pieces (Roundabout, Heart of the Sunrise and South Side of the Sky) should be good to hear though.
Arguably, Yes was always a bit of a revolving door (I'm sure I read one of them (JA?) saying that Yes was the first 5 to turn up for rehearsals!) but they are in danger of becoming their own official tribute band shortly...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

I recognised is and a but I'm with you  :o :o :o :o
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Quote from: D S on June 11, 2015, 01:23:33 PM
Arguably, Yes was always a bit of a revolving door (I'm sure I read one of them (JA?) saying that Yes was the first 5 to turn up for rehearsals!) but they are in danger of becoming their own official tribute band shortly...
Looks like the Yeggles were the first to the rehearsals

A Culture Factory vinyl replica CD of Buggles' groundbreaking 1980 debut album.
The first major work from Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes (both soon to join Yes), this 2015 edition contains three bonus tracks.
I used to have a signature