Main Menu

Prophet 6

Started by Jem, June 23, 2015, 08:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Being delivered today. :)

Total Sequential fanboy. It's all Tony Banks' fault.

MikeEvs

rogerg

two eyes looked to see what I was, and then something spoke, and this is what it said to me.

D S

Quote from: rogerg on June 23, 2015, 01:42:30 PM
two eyes looked to see what I was, and then something spoke, and this is what it said to me.
But Roger, you're far from a Lurker around here!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

JakeWorrell

I'm so envious. I thought the Pro 2 looked nice but then the Prophet 6 was announced!

Are you enjoying it thus far Jem? Is that a silly question?
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Jem

It's absolutely shagging marvellous. I have number 445. It's beautifully built, but then it ought to be for the price!  :o

Sounds very "Sequential" as it rightly should, but modern. I've already made some beautifully bleak pad sounds with it that will be going straight onto the album. The low pass filter resonance tracks very nicely in self oscillation although I notice that it steps rather than sweeps. The actual oscillators track smoothly though so it might be deliberate pitch quantising, the same as the pitch controls for the 2 oscillators.

It's never going to be the most modulate-able synth, the Pro 2 has it beat hands down in that respect, but I love the "point and shoot"-ness of it, no menus, very tactile, really engaging. The keyed is also really really lovely to play. Very classy synth action.

I wouldn't rule out getting another Pro 2 at some point (had to sell that to partially pay for this) as it does things no other modern synth can do, but I never thought "I can't wait to get back into the studio tomorrow and start programming again", in fact I can't remember the last time I thought that about a synth until today.  8)

Massive thumbs up from me.

JakeWorrell

I'm incredibly envious, they sound and look gorgeous. I do wonder whether I should save up and get myself a mega synth purchase rather than faffing around in MicroBrute and modular world which are my plans at the moment. But then I'm not sure I can justify that level of cost, it's not like I write music for a living like your good self.

Looking forward to hearing it on the album!
"The longer the note, the more dread."