Give and man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish…

Started by gr8gonzo, July 10, 2015, 01:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

...by having him listen to early Marillion.

...and you'll feel slightly guilty when he is cited for fishing without a licence.

...and you'll need a deck of cards.

...and you'll first have to pursue an advanced degree in fish teaching at the School of Fish, oversleep the day of that vital third year exam and have to repeat the course that summer all while going into debt, then struggle to get a teaching position at said school, working your way up from Good Will Hunting to Alan Turing only to be underappreciated by your students, then disappear into a bottle for a few years and wake one morning in a puddle of wee and have an epiphany, go to the gym, do the 3 S's, get online, launch a fish teaching website and post seminars for a fee, go viral for that thing you said that one time, receive an influx of cash, blow it all on Nutella and a gelding named Ival Kutchykokov, find yourself in the hull of a cargo ship dodging your bookie's collections department, emerge on an isle somewhere in the Caribbean, lose your shoes to a determined crab, fall face first into the surf, howl in pain when a fish finds the nipple ring you don't remember getting, spring to your feet and discover a man eyeing you strangely while you remove the fish from your breast and wait for him to ask the inevitable question, "Can you teach me to fish?"

*Please note: I am on pain medication and don't even remember turning on my computer. "Humans" is pretty cool new sci fi show. My mouth tastes like pocket change.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

Brom

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Trapezium Artist

Well, I'm not going to wade in here and start casting about for ideas ...

rogerg

Mooncat

Give and man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day
8) :o ;D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mordwin

Give a fish a man and you probably have a confused fish...

Or a happy shark...

Mikey

What are you carping on about? I don't think your barb has me baited
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

rogerg

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: rogerg on July 11, 2015, 02:26:27 PM
Are we finished?

Never! We're having a whale of a time!

(Yes, I know that it's only a cod fish, but there's porpoise to my madness ...  8))

JimD

Yes, this thread keeps on going, must be turbot-charged! It's completely dace!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Jem

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg