B-Sides Compilation?

Started by GMKennelty, August 27, 2015, 04:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMKennelty

Hello Frost*!

I was wondering- would there ever be a b-sides compilation from Frost*? I know the 2008 Tour EP had some stuff on it (alternate takes, etc.) that weren't on anything else... and lo and behold my college roommate had taken my copy, so I'm S.O.L. on those songs forever now. Also, Jem had burned me a copy of Milliontown back maybe a few years ago or so that had some interesting b-sides on it I had never heard. Namely a super interesting rendition of "Snowman."

Tl;DR- I like b-sides and I like collecting physical copies of things. Will there ever be a b-sides/rarities compilation?

Mikey

I'm sure if you PM me your email address & the tracks, if you know them, I could find most of them
I used to have a signature

rogerg

BlindFate

While http://www.drarok.com/frost/ has a hell of a lot of Frosty cool material on his site (which I am very grateful for) there is a lot that's not up there:

- Most of the Frost reports post 2011/12.
- Instrumental version of EIMA.
- Unreleased tracks from Falling Satellites or the proposed Six Minutes to September album.
- Alternate mixes of Milliontown and EIMA

Any marvellous chap out there have any of this? Or anything rare that's not up on Draroks site? Or know where I can find of such wonderful things?

Cheers.

owen

1) weren't any of these nuked by the viral attack?
2) pass (but track down a bit of Saline in the Rosetta thread (I think). If you've not seen that, it's well worthwhile for the visuals alone)
3) EP, or something, 2017 (hopefully)
4) (a) Milliontown 2013 is on Bandcamp
    (b) EIMA I don't think he's got around to doing, or if he has the record company still own the rights.

I stress "I think" (I'm no expert). Jem might wonder up and confirm/deny/scratch his head sometime

BlindFate

Quote from: owen on August 26, 2016, 04:34:50 PM
1) weren't any of these nuked by the viral attack?
2) pass (but track down a bit of Saline in the Rosetta thread (I think). If you've not seen that, it's well worthwhile for the visuals alone)
3) EP, or something, 2017 (hopefully)
4) (a) Milliontown 2013 is on Bandcamp
    (b) EIMA I don't think he's got around to doing, or if he has the record company still own the rights.

I stress "I think" (I'm no expert). Jem might wonder up and confirm/deny/scratch his head sometime

I had no idea the Frost Reports got nuked because of a virus... shit the bed.
Yeah, there are instrumental version of the whole album of EIMA. They were released on a special addition of the album which has since gone out of print.
I did hear in an interview with Jem that he's planning some sort of EP of Unreleased songs from the Falling Satellites album - I hope it is early 2017!
Just found out about the Remixed version of Milliontown via bandcamp - worth buying? Why was it not put out for commercial release (iTunes, amazon, merchdesk)?

Cheers

Mooncat

I think the remixed MIlliontown was done as more of a labour of love and put up through Bandcamp as it was quick and easy without the overheads of going for a full commercial release. And Jem was concious that it was one for the fans rather than mass market appeal as the album had already been out there a while.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mikey

If anyone wants anything that's highlighted on my Frost*ology thread that isn't on Drarok's site, let me know.

I have loads of the Frost* Reports, somewhere, they keep hiding with computer changes, sneaky little buggers they are ::)

D S

I think my all time favourites are still this one:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHSjwFwp2kQ

followed by this one:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=738xxc4Zn0o

Crack me up every time!  ;D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Oh, yes... I watch that one now and again... never fails to cheer me up!

de-de-de-de-de

:D

BlindFate

Quote from: Mikey on August 28, 2016, 11:00:54 AM
If anyone wants anything that's highlighted on my Frost*ology thread that isn't on Drarok's site, let me know.

I have loads of the Frost* Reports, somewhere, they keep hiding with computer changes, sneaky little buggers they are ::)

Any chance you could send me all Frost reports post 2009? I know it might be a hell of a lot, but I gotta try!

Thanks.

Mikey

PM me your email address, I'll see what I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Letter M

Having been on a huge Frost* kick lately, I've been listening to all their music and have even compiled a near-40-minute B-Sides playlist on my phone.

01. Here Is The News
02. Wedding Day
03. Raining In My Heart
04. The Forget You Song
05. (The Unreleased Cover)
06. The Dividing Line

It makes for a nice ep-length collection of non-outtake, non-alt-mix tracks. Did I miss any that I should include? I want to be as thorough as possible!

-Marc.

rogerg

nice list, but where's Marsupial?

;D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: rogerg on April 17, 2017, 02:13:19 PM
nice list, but where's Marsupial?

;D

I think there's a lot more than that missing. Here's list of some other Godfrey bits and pieces that I have (not all Frost* per se, but all worth having), although this is assuredly incomplete too:

Music in the Typewriting Room
Saltaire
Envy Cow
The Little I Saw of Cuba
Dogheater
Walk Human
Afraid of Summer
BIGsmall
Broadband Tom
Gooseflirt
I Miss You
I Wish I Were You