Started by lyn, October 08, 2015, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DueyC

Quote from: lyn on June 17, 2016, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: DueyC on June 16, 2016, 10:45:24 PM
Quote from: owen on June 16, 2016, 10:38:56 PM
What's parking like at Bilston? I've never been

There's a big car park right outside the venue. Free IIRC
Phew...  Broke after parking at Reading... £10=0.66 of a t-shirt or best part of a cd...

That's where local knowledge helps. For future reference (hoping they play Reading again) the cheapest parking is at the Oracle Riverside. A bit further away but still an easy walk, and a flat rate of £3.50 after 6pm.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

lyn

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Mikey

Quote from: Fogeyspasm on June 16, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
Weatherspoons down the road at Wath. Only 5 minute walk from venue.
Can't remember any other pubs worthy of a mention & I'll be there
I used to have a signature

Mordwin

Home, quick food, quick change (MT tee :D)... then to the station... music!

DavSel

Quote from: Fogeyspasm on June 16, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
Weatherspoons down the road at Wath. Only 5 minute walk from venue.

Excellent! 😁

H3WMW

Hey guys!!!!

The Edinburgh gig was just simply phenomenal. Jem, John, Nathan and Craig all played an absolute blinder.  I took lots of photos so if you want to see them all then befriend me on Facebook (my real name is William Winsborough).

Nellie was kind enough to exchange my defective vinyl copy of Falling Satellites and after the gig, I got to meet and have a chat with the guys. They are all so down to earth.

For those that are still to see the band on the upcoming tour, you are all surely in for a treat.  :D

Now I need to go to bed.  ;)

Mooncat

Re:Bilston parking
There is afree car park right outside the venue, but if that's full there is another car park down the right hand side of the police station (opposite the front of the Robin).

Hopefully enough for all of us!!!! :o
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

BrendanGee

Unfortunately I couldn't hang around after the gig last night but it was still great to finally see the boys do their thing in the flesh.
Hopefully I'll get another chance in the future to have a chat with them.  :)
Bring on the Trumpets!

Mikey

Quote from: DavSel on June 16, 2016, 06:55:27 PM
Whose going to the Wath gig?  :) (Im bringing Frost* virgins!!!)

Anyone an expert of the Wath area? For pubs, food etc?
I too will be supplying a virgin
I used to have a signature

manoncharles

I'm a virgin :O (but I'm not coming to the gig this year)
Can't wait to be un-virgin-ised by Jem during the next tour tho  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
A fairytale in negative

D S

Quote from: manoncharles on June 18, 2016, 03:28:52 PM
Can't wait to be un-virgin-ised by Jem during the next tour tho  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
Oooh Matron! :o ;)
Just back home from Edinburgh.  Very enjoyable gig last night - no set spoilers but it came very close to what I wanted to hear this time around.  The new material sounded great.  The band all played brilliantly, especially considering that Jem woke with next to no voice and Craig was 'coming apart at the seams' quite literally.   :o
Great to catch up with Frost*ies old and new and to say hi to Nellie (ta for the Frost*erisk shortbread  8)), Jem and watch TA having an interesting chat with JM!
Hope everyone enjoys the next few gigs - you're in for a treat.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Yep, was great fun, great music, and great company from the fellow Frosties I caught (DS, TA and MikeEvs)!

Also ended up chatting to Colin Fraser and Ronnie Brown of Pallas who were just behind me.

A few photos even turned out ok :D

I hope Jem's voice hold together for the next couple of gigs... but at least there's a good break before the rest of the tour.

And big round of applause for Blunders, playing a blinder under no doubt difficult circumstances.

AirlieFrost

Just thought I would add a few words to an amazing performance.  First of all thanks to Kiama for a great support set.  Then when the boys came on they really blew me away, especially the drumming.  How anyone can drum so well I have no idea.  And also a special thanks to the few people I spoke to, such a friendly lot especially the guy from Loughborough (I think was called Rob) who rode 78 miles on his bike to get there.  Now thats dedication!

Oh and yes the biscuits as well.
:)

jt57

Good morning Frost*ies.
I have been reading the reports from you of the gigs so far and must admit to being genuinely exited to see the lads live for the first time.
As the time till the Bilston gig gets ever closer I was wondering if any of the attendees have arranged a place for a pre gig tipple.
If so where? I presume Woody's bar next door to the Robin 2 is the obvious choice, but if anybody has any other ideas please let me know.
Also do Frost*ies have a secret way of revealing their identity to each other or set up camp with a flag in the corner of the room or what?

Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

tigermoth

Today's the day. :) So reading back through all that, did we settle on a place for potential pre gig drinkies? Lol