Frost gigs June 2016!!!

Started by lyn, October 08, 2015, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavSel

They played a blinder last night! Need more be said?  ;) Broken guitar strings, rescue vocals did not hinder this show at all!

And I had the opportunity to chat with Nathan and John after the show :) Unfortunately I left it too long to speak to Jem and Craig (I don't like butting in on other people conversations).

Amazing night overall :)

Trapezium Artist

Although I took my camera to the Edinburgh gig, I decided early on to concentrate on the music and not try and worm my way round the very small room trying to get angles, change lenses, so on. So, I only took a few, but thought I'd offer one of each of Jem, Craig, John, and Nathan for your delight.

From where I standing next to MikeEvs & DS, Nathan and John were close by, but Jem was on the other side of the stage and Craig hidden behind the drum kit until the final bow. Anyway ...

As for the music, well, it was Frost*, wasn't it?  8) Tremendous stuff, even though Jem's voice was in a less-than-perfect state thanks to a cold and overstrain, and Craig was apparently nursing his wounds, although you simply wouldn't have known the latter, given the pasting he gave to the kit.

I mean, despite being a decent-length gig, it was over far too soon, and I was immediately faced with a sense of "I'm very lucky to be able to have seen them many times, but it's never enough!". Set-wise, we're all agreeing to avoid spoilers, but there was a well-pitched mix of old and new, and while the former clearly brought the biggest reactions, it's no doubt partly because the "Falling Satellitas" (sic) stuff hasn't sunk into our dancing bones quite as deeply yet. That said, the tunes have buried themselves deep inside: my life at the moment has them playing constantly in my mind, whether I like it or not (fortunately, I quite like it).

As I said, had the pleasure of DS & MikeEvs company during the evening, along with other familiar faces, not least The Queen of the Merch Desk (and so, so much more), who it's always a huge joy to see. She's such a michievous pixie.

And as for what JM and I were talking about after, as reported by DS, well, obviously it was about whether Neptune counts as a gas giant (nope, it's an ice giant), and whether Jupiter has a solid, rocky, metallic, or no core at all  8)

Roll on London, where I get to do it all over again.

The pix are here for the time being: will upload elsewhere later.
https://twitter.com/markmccaughrean/status/744511252823707648

Mordwin

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on June 19, 2016, 01:55:19 PM
And as for what JM and I were talking about after, as reported by DS, well, obviously it was about whether Neptune counts as a gas giant (nope, it's an ice giant), and whether Jupiter has a solid, rocky, metallic, or no core at all  8)

To be fair, Ice Giant seems a fairly recent piece of terminology... and hopefully Juno can help narrow down the options on Jupiter's core :)

Anyway, was great to meet you lot, and hopefully it won't be 8 years until next time :D

D S

I wasn't there to take photos and those that I did were pretty rubbish but I liked these 2, just because of the joy on the faces, especially Nathan on the 1st one.  :)

Come on, you\'re a lion!

jt57

Quote from: tigermoth on June 19, 2016, 12:01:32 PM
Today's the day. :) So reading back through all that, did we settle on a place for potential pre gig drinkies? Lol

I'll be in Woody's from about 6.30.
I know what you look like Peter so will make myself known.
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

owen

I doubt I'll be there until 8. However you will be able to recognise me as I'm going to be wearing a Fallen Satellites t shirt.

jt57

Quote from: owen on June 19, 2016, 04:38:36 PM
I doubt I'll be there until 8. However you will be able to recognise me as I'm going to be wearing a Fallen Satellites t shirt.

Should be easy to spot you then.  ::)
Vinyl isn't dead.....it's just difficult to prevent fatal injuries.

BrendanGee

I got a photo of Nathan that I think sums him up perfectly.
(Apologies, I don't quite understand how to work the insert image bit so it's just as an attachment  :-[ )
Bring on the Trumpets!

rogerg

awesome!  Thanks for sharing pics, everyone!!

D S

I forgot to add Nellie's entry to the Great British Bakeoff!  8)

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

John and Nathan, decent enough as both were fairly well lit. (Bend it like Mitchell? :D)

Mordwin

Jem and Craig, bit trickier as they were less well lit... i went with a shot from the short drum solo for Blunders, captures it nicely I feel :)

manoncharles

I was already a fan before I read this topic but now it has evolved into being a damn fangirl for the following reasons :

- John talks about planets after gigs
- Jem is such a hottie
- Nathan looks so cool
- Craig has a Zelda and a Floyd shirt (one does love triangles)

Tote in love with the boys.

Hope you guys enjoyed your gigs <3
Very good pictures from all of youse.
A fairytale in negative

Big Black Shed

The boys were simply stunning in Bilston this evening. It's nearly 5 years since I last saw Frost* and tonight was like a step back in time to happy gig-times.

Sorry I missed most of you, I only managed to catch up with Sawtooth.

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Mooncat

Indeed, fantastic show at Bilston - the boys were on top form and the new material was awesome live.
Props to Kiama as well for kicking off the night in style, to a larger than usual support crowd. And Nellie was busy on merch duties so hopefully everyone got whatever they were after  :D :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy