KIAMA Andy Edwards' return to prog!

Started by TBE, October 20, 2015, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

Yup. that's a pretty darned good line-up.
Sounding fab from the tasters so far.
£20 submitted!
* May contain nuts.

TBE

Thanks for all the positive comments, if you pop over to the facebook page you can keep in touch with us there and if you join the club you are going to get far more than just the album, you get access to a special members section which features exclusive content.
The full version of 'Cold Black Heart' is up there at the moment.

Here is some stuff about KIAMA in case your interested.

Luke plays guitar for The Tangent and has a great band called Maschine; if you are Frost fans (and you all are!) then check em out. He is also IMO the best guitarist on the UK Prog scene at the moment.
Dylan was in The Reasoning never really sung in that band. When Rob and I put the band together we wanted a front man and Dylan really fits the bill as you will see when the video footage starts coming out.

The album was recorded at Real World and we recorded it all at the same time, face to face without the use of clicks. It was written over about a year and we have been mixing for about a year, it's been a huge project and we made a enough for a double album.
The material ranges from out and out rockers to a few ten minute epics with influences from Zep, Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, Radiohead as well as the usual Prog influences

And just for reference, we actually have two Welshmen in the band!!!

owen

Quote from: TBE on October 23, 2015, 11:31:17 PM

And just for reference, we actually have two Welshmen in the band!!!

the definition of a half decent band!

OK, I'm in. I'll get my pennies out in the morning

Pedro

Really excited about this project, I can confess to having heard all of it and it is all top notch stuff with a great balance of light and shade. I commend it to the house.

True story: I heard the track that Jem mixed ("Cold Black Heart") quite some time ago...so when I got to see the video for it fairly recently and didn't recognise the title, my first thought was "ooh, I know this, what a great cover version"(!)...which is testament (I think) to the quality of the writing, a new song sticking in the memory as a "classic" like that.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

TBE

Here is taster of another KIAMA song, which has just been posted up on the Prog Mag website. Check out Luke's insane guitar solo on this one...

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-10-28/rob-reeds-kiama-tease-tears

owen

4 posted so far, really quite different. In another age the last one could have been a hit in the States. With some proggy bits thrown in. So far, so excellent. I'm hoping to get a proper 5.1 system in the new year. Has Mr Reed done one of them clever mixes of his?
EDIT forget it, someone has anyway. Good!

Pedro

Rob has done 5.1 mix, yes. £15 will get you the 3-disc set...or add a fiver for a T-shirt as well...bargain! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

TBE

We have just posted up the latest teaser video, it's a bit from a track called Slip Away, one of our most proggiest....

http://youtu.be/MXEynwqdJcI

JakeWorrell

Quote from: TBE on November 23, 2015, 06:10:53 PM
We have just posted up the latest teaser video, it's a bit from a track called Slip Away, one of our most proggiest....

http://youtu.be/MXEynwqdJcI

Andy, that sounds ace!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Mooncat

Talk about spooky, was only looking at this thread earlier today and upon my return from work what should be waiting for me but the CD and Bonus disc/DVD package!!!!
Guess the UK peeps will see theirs dropping soon (ooeerrr missus), sorry to those of you a bit more far flung that may have to wait a bit longer.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

D S

Same here!  :) Unfortunately I'm just heading out so won't be able to have a listen until tomorrow.
I see Mr G gets a credits for additional production on one track and is listed in the thanks from Rob Reed.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mooncat

The Kiama boys have announced a live show to showcase the album, and it's about 10 minutes from my house !!!!

Saturday 27th Feb @ Base Studios in Stourbridge, tickets and details from www.kiamaband.com

The live room there is good, although not massive - have played several times there myself. The studio is also right next door to the Green Duck Brewery and bar, a nice real ale place, and is only 5-10 minutes walk from Stourbridge Junction train station.

One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Nellie

Kiama will be supporting Frost* at Wath and Bilston in June.
If you don't have a ticket, I suggest you grab one very soon as all dates are selling fast and the venues are not very big.
The Merch Desk tickets
It's in the post!

D S

Not Edinburgh? :(
Who is support there - those 2 gentlemen wearing hats?
Come on, you\'re a lion!