Fascinating insight

Started by tomskerous, December 11, 2008, 01:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomskerous

I had another macabre insight into how cynical some aspects of the media are earlier today.

I hope you all keep at least the occasional eye on 'Bad Science' (particularly see his recent post on why the media don't want the MMR story to die.

But today I discovered that the Daily Mail et al actually buy google adwords like 'baby p' as a way of trying to draw more people into their commercially self-serving fear and hate. Totally shocked - something I never thought I'd see.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

J Jonah Jameson

Daily Mail though?  Terrible rag.  At least with the Sunday Sport you know what you're getting from the first page - tits and Lancasters on the moon.  Whereas the Mail pretends it's a serious newspaper, when in reality it's just a means of peddling mince and prejudice to the masses masked as moral indignation.

Mouse

I find that most news-based media use fear as some kind of sadistic tool. People who are scared will watch or buy anything that could tell them how to survive whatever giant cataclysm is approaching the Human race in general, even if it's just an invention of some prick in a shed with a typwriter.

It's like that bird flu panic a few years ago. The papers said we could all be dead by morning and I bet sales went up. Skip to the present day, still no sign of armageddon...

tomskerous

I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Ash

Paper shredders.  All Daily Mail readers own them.  Unfortunately not for shredding the Daily Mail.
Ash
xxx