Lonely Robot - Scala, London, 20 December 2015

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 11, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

So, who's going to be in London in 9 days time for JM and Lonely Robot, aided by Jem on-stage?

I imagine that many Frost*ies will be, so what's the story regarding a pre-gig meet-up and perhaps some post-gig nosh?

And where are people staying? I'll be at the Premier Inn St Pancras, about 500 metres from the Scala. I'm arriving there from Amsterdam around 4pm ...

lyn

Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

MikeEvs

this has been suggested over on facebook (see attachment)

MikeEvs

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 11, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

And where are people staying?

I'm staying at the Novotel Wembley as I'm going to (and photographing) a gig at Wembley Arena the night before

JakeWorrell

I shall be there with the missus. We're staying at some place called Mabledon Court Hotel. Always a bit of a gamble picking a hotel in London so fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if The Scala is still covered in scaffolding? Will make it easier for us not to get lost if we know in advance  ;)

I'm quite excited. I know it's not Frost* (as JM was very keen to point out) but it's a Frost*ie friendly gathering in the same venue as Frost*bites and it shall be nice Christmassy fun :)
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on December 12, 2015, 10:08:24 AM
this has been suggested over on facebook (see attachment)

Facebook.

Seriously?

What time?

MikeEvs

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on December 12, 2015, 08:41:22 PM
Not sure on time just before the gig  :)

BTW, Mikey: are you planning to take pictures? If so, have you arranged for a photo pass? With who?

MikeEvs

I checked with Prog mag some time ago if they wanted me to take photos seen as though they used a  couple of mine from the launch gig earlier this year, however they'd already assigned it to another photographer but I'd mentioned I was in London for the weekend as I was going to see Nightwish at Wembley Arena the night before, so they asked if I'd like to cover that gig  8)

So my week looks like:

15th Photographing Mark Tremonti (Creed, Alter Bridge guitar player) at the 02 Academy Bristol.
17th Photographing The Aristocrats at the Bierkeller Bristol.
19th Photographing Nightwish at Wembely Arena
20th Night off enjoy Lonely Robot gig with friends  ;D

johninblack

You guys are going to have to enjoy it for me I'm afraid. I finish my radiotherapy on Tuesday and at the moment staying awake after an hours strenuous laying around doing nowt is a rarity! Should be back to full strength for the Frost gigs so not all bad.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 12, 2015, 11:23:15 PM

BTW, Mikey: are you planning to take pictures? If so, have you arranged for a photo pass? With who?
You really want me to take pictures?
I used to have a signature

DueyC

Quote from: JakeWorrell on December 12, 2015, 03:40:08 PM
Does anyone know if The Scala is still covered in scaffolding? Will make it easier for us not to get lost if we know in advance  ;)

As of last night - yes.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

owen

Quote from: Mikey on December 14, 2015, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: Trapezium Artist on December 12, 2015, 11:23:15 PM

You really want me to take pictures?

you could borrow Mike Ev's: he's having a night off

JakeWorrell

Quote from: DueyC on December 14, 2015, 05:51:38 PM
Quote from: JakeWorrell on December 12, 2015, 03:40:08 PM

As of last night - yes.

Ta! I shall follow the scaffolding like the star in that story about the baby in a barn and the 3 lost men.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen