Red Bazar - Tales from the Bookcase

Started by sawtooth, February 16, 2016, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Finally - news on the Red Bazar front! After months of recording & mixing and hearing the wonderful tonsorial talents of the rather amazing Pete Jones (of Tiger Moth Tales) powering out of the studio monitors, we can now announce that White Knight Records have taken us under their wing (Thanks Rob & Will) So incredibly proud of this - I genuinely think we have produced something rather special and it is certainly the best thing I've ever been involved in! I've just heard the master audio which sounds awesome and all the artwork is at the printers! Pre sales start March 1st with provisional release date slated for March 15th. Also thanks to the marvellous Sir Peter of  Waite (AKA Pedro) for his insightful observations and advice - cheers matey!

D S

Woo hoo!  Congrats! 8) Put me down for a copy.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

owen

how much did you squeeze in, in the end?

sawtooth

If you mean songs Owen - we managed to get 8 tracks totalling 1 hour 11 minutes on there.
The band have put a quick sampler up on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Red-Bazar-FBP-1026545177407418/?fref=ts  :)

gr8gonzo

Excellent news, indeed. Been looking forward to this since the first snippet I heard back in the early days.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

Quote from: sawtooth on February 16, 2016, 07:58:37 PM
it is certainly the best thing I've ever been involved in!
Just out of interest, what else have you been involved in?  ;D ;D

& I'm in
I used to have a signature

sawtooth

Quote from: Mikey on February 17, 2016, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: sawtooth on February 16, 2016, 07:58:37 PM
it is certainly the best thing I've ever been involved in!
Just out of interest, what else have you been involved in?  ;D ;D

Well, now you mention it...not much!  ;D
I've been in a few bands here and there that came to nought, but good memories along the way. And a stint playing dodgy covers in a club band - not such a good memory! But all useful in the old 'musical journey' to paraphrase X-Factor  - I think with Red Bazar, the other guys are all so much better technically than me, it sorta gets me out of my comfort zone! ;D

Quote& I'm in

Fab!  :)

Mikey

tigermoth

It has been a new and very gratifying experience to be part of a team / band and I too think what we've produced is a bit of a belter. I look forward to the feedback once it's out. :)

Pedro

A little late to this thread but I have to say I can't wait for people to hear this album. I saw Red Bazar at CRS Maltby what seems like ages ago and I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I "got" the music on the first listen - sometimes it seemed to go where I wanted it to go and when it didn't, I really liked the way it went. Sawtooth is quite right about the talent of the other chaps, while a little too hard on himself I reckon, and I'm delighted that Rob's label are involved again.
Bring it on. :)     
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

sawtooth

Quote from: Pedro on February 22, 2016, 11:10:09 PM
A little late to this thread but I have to say I can't wait for people to hear this album. I saw Red Bazar at CRS Maltby what seems like ages ago and I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I "got" the music on the first listen - sometimes it seemed to go where I wanted it to go and when it didn't, I really liked the way it went. Sawtooth is quite right about the talent of the other chaps, while a little too hard on himself I reckon, and I'm delighted that Rob's label are involved again.

Thanks Pedders for your very kind words!

Mikey

Quote from: sawtooth on February 23, 2016, 12:15:03 PM
Quote from: Pedro on February 22, 2016, 11:10:09 PM

Thanks Pedders for your very kind words!
& he knows what he's talking about does that Pedders