Exciting times! Yet so quiet...

Started by JakeWorrell, February 25, 2016, 06:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeWorrell

Perhaps it's the quiet before the storm, but it seems odd that it's so quiet in here at a time when Frost* activity is at a height we haven't seen for years!

Are you all excited? I'm excited, that's for sure!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

D S

Just waiting patiently for the release of Falling Satellites and the June gigs.
Then I'll be excited!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

rogerg

I'm hoping there'll be more teasers as the album gets closer to release.  sitting-on-my-hands excited!

rogerg

gr8gonzo

It's difficult NOT to be excited when the band's guitarist makes remarks like these:

Quote from: JM...in between all this chaos we found time to muster the troops and engage in our quad yearly ritual of an Official Frost* photoshoot with the photgraphic force of nature that is Tom Barnes and jolly fun it was too. Last time we engaged in this pursuit, it was on the grass verge of an A road after sound check at some prog event or other and was all over in about ten minutes flat. This time we assembled in the studio chez Tom in leafy Guildford and the whole thing was done inside of an hour and was an absolute blast with frankly spectacular results. Tom has the knack of getting the best out of his subjects and probably knows more about lighting than the sun itself! It's not easy making a bunch of middle aged old codgers look good but our Tom came out of rock retirement and played a blinder. Well done TB!!

Speaking of Official Frost* our glorious leader has finally finished the new album Falling Satellites and it is MAGNIFICENT. I've had it on repeat in the car for about a week now and it's absolutely STUNNING. Mind boggling production and musical fireworks aside, there are some truly beautiful and poignant moments on the album that are equally flooring in their simplicity. It's fair to say that myself and Jem have over the last decade, inspired one another in various shapes and forms (Well from my perspective at least :) ) and even though music isn't supposed to be a competition, this latest album has really really inspired me want to up my game. Also of note is the fact that this is the first Frost album where Jem and I have co-written a couple of songs which makes me even more proud to have been involved in what is sounding to my ears (and yes you WILL agree when you hear it) the best thing Frost* has ever done and I don't say that lightly. If I wasn't actually in the band I would be a HUGE fan of this album and I don't actually listen to very much music at all!! So anyway, lots on the horizon and lots to look forward to  :)

Stayed tuned, more news as it unfolds!
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Those are the kind of teasers I like ... not so much the musical ones, which I try to avoid, but seeing JM write that provides quite a rush. Nellie made similar noises (albeit in much shorter form, obviously) on Twitter a few days ago.

Am proper excited.

JakeWorrell

Quote from: gr8gonzo on February 26, 2016, 03:56:32 AM
Quote from: JM(and yes you WILL agree when you hear it) the best thing Frost* has ever done and I don't say that lightly

Yeah you know, no biggie, just the best thing Frost* has ever done and I'm not sure how they can beat EIMA and Milliontown.

I've got to admit it feels a little bit surreal after all these years of waiting. It's different this time too because although I was excited about EIMA when it arrived, I was nowhere near the over the top Frost* fanboy that I am today. I guess this might be how some people felt about the new Star Wars movie.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: JakeWorrell on February 26, 2016, 01:51:00 PM
Quote from: gr8gonzo on February 26, 2016, 03:56:32 AM
Quote from: JM(and yes you WILL agree when you hear it) the best thing Frost* has ever done and I don't say that lightly

Yeah you know, no biggie, just the best thing Frost* has ever done and I'm not sure how they can beat EIMA and Milliontown.

I've got to admit it feels a little bit surreal after all these years of waiting. It's different this time too because although I was excited about EIMA when it arrived, I was nowhere near the over the top Frost* fanboy that I am today. I guess this might be how some people felt about the new Star Wars movie.

Well, in that case, let's hope that Falling Satellites doesn't end up just being a modernised remix of Milliontown & EIMA, ending in the explosion of yet another Death Star again  8)

Ah, I think I'm getting confused ...  ;)

owen

yes, this time the Death Star survives :P

Stuff the mastering, can't we have...

No, it's like Xmas when you're a kid. We even know one or two bits but not what the big pressie is

Dear Santa, can I have the one with the extra DVD in gonzo 5.1 with 10 different mixes and go faster stripes, please?

I've been good all year. Ish

gr8gonzo

Quote from: owen on February 26, 2016, 08:04:45 PM
Dear Santa, can I have the one with the extra DVD in gonzo

You'll understand if I resist.  :o
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg