Red Bazar album now available for Pre-order!

Started by tigermoth, March 04, 2016, 09:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Well it arrived today! All I've got to do now is find the time to listen to it  :( :o ???

rogerg

I'm loving this, and I want to support good music and friends, but I'm going to open a can of worms and say that with the exchange rate across the pond, $15+ for a digital download is too much.  I'm not going to steal it from the internet anywhere, but at this point, I'll probably just be streaming it from Bandcamp.  :(

tigermoth

Well DS, you may think that about your noodles, but don't forget it was you inpart who inspired me to make Story Tellers, so I must have liked sumat I heard. :) :)
For those wanting a downloadable version, it's now available on Bandcamp:
https://redbazar.bandcamp.com/album/tales-from-the-bookcase

Where we sit on the price issue is a tricky one. On one hand from a biased point of view I think it's kind of worth it ;)  and there are 5 of us to split any proceeds with, as opposed to something like my releases in the past. On the other hand, I no other bands aren't charging that much for downloads, though I bet some are charging more.
The beauty is that it is indeed all there to stream, so I guess if after several listens it seems worth the price then that's a good thing. The more likely outcome of course is that after 3 or 4 listens which is probably the most times people will listen to an album these days anyway ... well you don't need to buy it then do you. Lol
So, I don't now what to say about that one and it's not me who sets the price. The main thing I guess is that folks enjoy the music, after all, what genuine artist does it for the money? Lol

Mikey

Quote from: tigermoth on April 08, 2016, 01:34:19 PM
The more likely outcome of course is that after 3 or 4 listens which is probably the most times people will listen to an album these days anyway ...
Erm, it's been on in the car for 2 weeks, but there again I am strange ::)
I used to have a signature

sawtooth

Quote from: rogerg on April 08, 2016, 11:09:22 AM
I'm loving this, and I want to support good music and friends, but I'm going to open a can of worms and say that with the exchange rate across the pond, $15+ for a digital download is too much.  I'm not going to steal it from the internet anywhere, but at this point, I'll probably just be streaming it from Bandcamp.  :(

I see what you mean Rog. I'm not sure how the figure was arrived at at, but I agree it does seem a bit pricey compared to many other Bandcamp downloads.
I'll have a discussion with the rest of the guys as soon as possible, but then if the cost is lowered it does seem unfair to the people who have only just bought it at the existing price, so it may be something for the future when sales have slowed down.
One thing we are doing - and I'm not sure how prevalent this is - is to offer a download of the album artwork and the 8 page inlay with full lyrics.

rogerg

Thanks, guys.  The artwork/booklet is certainly an incentive, and perhaps when I'm feeling a bit more flush (taxes were painful this year...) I'll pop for it.  It's always a internal conversation when I buy from across the water with the exchange rate sitting as it does.  At least for right now, I'm thankful for fast internet and Bandcamp!  ;D

tigermoth

I do appreciate the point. :) Anyhow, I'm glad that you're enjoying it sir. Tell you what though, it's cheeper than Vampires. Lol. Oops, let me put this spoon down. :)
That's better. And Mikey, well if you aren't normal I thank the prog gods for that. :)
Speaking of Bandcamp releases, I may have a little smackerel of something coming up on Bandcamp soon. Just something to watch for. Opps, sorry for temporarily highjacking the post. :)

tigermoth

Hi folks. High time me thinks for a Red Bazar plug, and Martin Hutchinson of Prog Radar has certainly provided it here with this stunning review. Thanks so much sir. www.progradar.org/index.php/2016/05/10/review-red-bazar-tales-from-the-bookcase-by-progradar/   I shal be singing a little something from Red Bazar at the gig tomorrow in London and there will be copies of our new album Tales From The Bookcase available on the merch table, but if you wish to find out more about the album and where to get the CD or the download, you can find all you need to know here: www.redbazar.co.uk/  Many thanks again Martin and thanks to all who have bought the album.

Mikey

What a load of pretentious waffle 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey

All he had to say was its bloody good😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigermoth

Geetar

Just purchased, and looking forward to it very much indeed!
This space for sale.

sawtooth

Quote from: Geetar on June 01, 2016, 05:18:15 PM
Just purchased, and looking forward to it very much indeed!

Thanks Geetar - hope you enjoy!
We're all in rehearsal mode now for the upcoming gigs later in the year (both Tiger Moth Tales and Red Bazar) and we had our first proper rehearsal last night with Pete Jones. Had goosepimples at how good it sounded! :-)

Geetar

Quote from: sawtooth on June 03, 2016, 09:31:44 AM
upcoming gigs later in the year (both Tiger Moth Tales and Red Bazar)

Looking forward to these too!
This space for sale.

tigermoth

Exciting! Exciting! :) Well it's taken a little while, but here it is in all it's glory. The official video for Queen Of The Night Part 1, from the Red Bazar album Tales From The Bookcase.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwqpjNL9Ps&feature=youtu.be
Please check out the video, and for anyone wanting to purchase the album it's right here at www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk
Enjoy the vid, it was fun to make. :) (Warning, may contain traces of gimpy looking singer) :)

In other news, thanks again folks for all the great feedback. We really appreciate it. As sawtooth says, we had our first official full rehearsal last week. I would post a spoiler to show you how good it was, but well ... it would spoil things. :) I'm lucky to be working with these chaps and the gigs should be great!