Falling Satellites - Pre Orders are GO!!!!!!!

Started by Mooncat, March 14, 2016, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Indeed.  This was originally going to be a piece for Jem's abandoned Clouda project I think and came about as a result of Jem playing keyboards for Satch and Jem getting him to return the favour.

Photo wot I took in Glasgow - October 2010.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

MikeEvs

Quote from: manoncharles on March 14, 2016, 10:13:14 PM
I'm not good enough at stalking, I just discovered this :

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jem played keys for Joe on a couple of gigs on the Black Holes and Wormhole Wizards tour in 2010 when Mike Keneally was double booked and had to go play for Steve Vai in the Netherlands.  I shot two gigs on that tour first in Bristol with Mike Keneally on keys and then in Birmingham with Jem on Keys:

Joe Satriani & Jem Godfrey by Mike Evans, on Flickr

Not my best photo of either of them but Jem used it on his blog at the time so it can't be that bad  :)

rogerg

manoncharles

That's exciting bc that means my father will give it a listen (he would never listen to anything prog, especially if I like it - "your stupidly violent and/or stressfull music") as he loves Satriani :-)
I'm pretty sure I can get him to like the specific track...then the whole album...then all Frost* music... then all prog music... let's do it.
A fairytale in negative

mr_john

Vinyl? Ordered.
CD? Ordered.
Bristol ticket? Ordered (weeks ago).

Sh*t eating grin? Most definitely ordered. And delivered.

MikeEvs

Quote from: manoncharles on March 15, 2016, 02:18:58 PM
That's exciting bc that means my father will give it a listen (he would never listen to anything prog, especially if I like it - "your stupidly violent and/or stressfull music") as he loves Satriani :-)
I'm pretty sure I can get him to like the specific track...then the whole album...then all Frost* music... then all prog music... let's do it.

Here's a link to all the photos I've taken of Satriani over the last few years if you or your father want to take a look:

St David's Hall Cardiff 2015

Colston Hall Bristol 2013

Chickenfoot at Brixton Academy London 2012

Birmingham Symphony Hall 2010

Colston Hall Bristol 2010

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

manoncharles

Quote from: MikeEvs on March 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

You've accidentally upload some pictures of a weirdo ironing onstage  ;) ;) ;)

Really cool pictures. Are you a professional photographer ? (see how practical would have been a "Present yourself" topic  ::) ?)
A fairytale in negative

Mordwin

Quote from: manoncharles on March 15, 2016, 05:31:14 PM

As MikeEvs can abely demonstrate, Jem has been known to do that...

manoncharles

I just said out loud "This is so cool" in the lab, lmao !
Jem seems to be a really funny guy :P
A fairytale in negative

Nev

I can't get excited about this at all.

No.

Not at all.

Really.

Oh, who am I kidding

Order placed  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trembling with anticipation.  A plain chocolate hob nob (or two) is called for I think

owen

Really cool pictures. Are you a professional photographer ? (see how practical would have been a "Present yourself" topic  ::) ?)

Practical? Lol. Pretty sure you get suspended for that

Jem

Quote from: manoncharles on March 15, 2016, 02:18:58 PM

Here's a link to all the photos I've taken of Satriani over the last few years if you or your father want to take a look:

St David's Hall Cardiff 2015

Colston Hall Bristol 2013

Chickenfoot at Brixton Academy London 2012

Colston Hall Bristol 2010

My god, was that 6 years ago already?? I spoke with Joe last night, he's very keen to hear the album.  :)

manoncharles

A fairytale in negative

MikeEvs

It's not my day job, although that does involve photography but mainly video filming and editing.  I guess I class myself as semi professional in that it's not my main job but I do make some money at it.

In the last year I've started getting work from TeamRock shooting gigs for Prog and Classic Rock.  Last night for example I was shooting Blaze Bayley for a Classic Rock feature due to appear on their website in a few weeks.  The current issue of Prog magazine ( I think it's still the current issue at least) as my photos of Nightwish from their Wembley Arena gig in December.

Tomorrow night I'm shooting Amorphis (who opened for Nightwish at Wembley) at a slightly smaller venue in Bristol for bristol247.com.