Author Topic: Falling Satellites - Pre Orders are GO!!!!!!!  (Read 39850 times)

Offline gr8gonzo

• A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thedividingline.com/eima
Re: Falling Satellites - Pre Orders are GO!!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »
I'm anti-music streaming service and have willfully avoided nearly every dangling carrot for the new album, so my first listen will be from my car's CD player.  :) Unless it isn't.  :o
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Offline XeRocks81

• Jammie Dodger
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/XeRocks
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
I think it was on Spotify at midnight Frost* time.

https://thetrichordist.com/2016/05/26/songwriter-would-need-288-million-spins-to-equal-average-spotify-employee-salary/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:(

As terrible as this is, I think pretty much everyone who is on this forum will be buying a physical copy anyway so listening on Spotify only throws more (albeit fractions of) pennies into the Frost* pot.

That's me. My order will arrive sometime in the next few weeks but in the meantime I'm also subscribed to spotify premium for 10$ a month so I think I'm doing my bit.

mr_john

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
Goodness me the vinyl is exquisite. I want to pop it in a sandwich and eat it!

Quick question - was the signed postcard bit a random thing or was there supposed to be one in all orders?

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »
I think it was everyone. Jem and Nathan signed mine. There are 2 other...let's call them signatures, as well

Offline JakeWorrell

• Pink Wafer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Quick question - was the signed postcard bit a random thing or was there supposed to be one in all orders?

All pre orders from The Merch Desk should have had a signed post card I believe.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

mr_john

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »

All pre orders from The Merch Desk should have had a signed post card I believe.

Hmmmm there wasn't one in my bundle.  :'(

Offline JakeWorrell

• Pink Wafer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »

Hmmmm there wasn't one in my bundle.  :'(

Probably worth dropping an email to sales@themerchdesk.com on Tuesday, I'm sure Nellie will do her best to sort one out for you.

Offline Pedro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://pedro-notmuchtosay.blogspot.com/
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »
I think mine might have been signed towards the end of the batch by each of the guys. I can read Jem's but they all look like there was probably an audible sigh as it was applied; hardly surprising when having to do the same thing over and over...and over.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Offline owen

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »
So we all know it won't go platinum but what kind of sales are likely? Will Jem/Inside Out break even? Are there charts for this sort of thing (obviously there are, but I'm totally ignorant of where to look)

Offline EvilDragon

• Custard Cream
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
Must say the album isn't nearly as catchy as the previous two are... It will definitely need several going through to appreciate.

But I had really hoped there'd be less loudness war on this album. Clipping is pretty nasty in several places :(

Offline D S

• Iced Gem
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wednesdaywithoutwoe
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
So we all know it won't go platinum but what kind of sales are likely? Will Jem/Inside Out break even? Are there charts for this sort of thing (obviously there are, but I'm totally ignorant of where to look)
Well, it's currently No. 6 in the Amazon Hard Rock and Metal Best Sellers list...  :o 8)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Music-Hard-Rock-Metal/zgbs/music/690892/ref=zg_bs_nav_m_h__1_m_h_

(And most of us will have bought it from Nellie!)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Offline JakeWorrell

• Pink Wafer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2016, 03:35:51 PM »
It will definitely need several going through to appreciate.
To be honest I found this with EIMA. Initially it wasn't what I expected and I didn't really get into it straight away. Over the following months/years though it became my favourite album (ever ever ever, and ever will be)

But I had really hoped there'd be less loudness war on this album. Clipping is pretty nasty in several places :(
I haven't noticed this, but in general I find this sort of thing really doesn't bother me. I would very much suspect that the vinyl master would be a bit lighter on the limiting et al. Jem hinted as much in an interview, and (as I understand it) if you overdo it on vinyl you end up with all sorts of manufacturing/playback issues. So perhaps that will be a more suitable flavour for your ear tongues.

Offline Pedro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://pedro-notmuchtosay.blogspot.com/
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »
I find it plenty catchy enough, but I don't mind working to learn an album and discover its depths.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Offline manoncharles

• Chocolate Hob Nob
  • Cursin at the staring sun, just wishin it was cold
    • View Profile
    • A Place To Go
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2016, 04:01:01 PM »
From Jem
Yes! The mastering is different on the vinyl, which I quite like. It's a bit more 'not in your face' compared to the CD master. I've seen the artwork for the vinyl version, and it really works in that bigger format. There's also a secret track on the vinyl version! We found ourselves a bit short on side four, so I had to come up with something.
Damn, we'll need a very kind soul to upload the vinyl mastering so we can hear both <3

Also, I said something on other parts of the internet about FS :
About FS, some people said / would say it doesn't sound like Frost but I think it really sounds like Jem.
Though it sometimes sounds like Frost* (the Raging Against blah blah blah : so Frost*ish !!!)
Also : it's been years, I guess the change is normal ?

I personnally love it a hella lot, especially the end of the album (what a good surprise when Nice Day For It... starts and you year that well known Frostheme :p !). I know my best friend is more skeptical : we both are fans from the prog-metal scene, so it is a bit new for us to listen to something so electro-pop.
But it's so well made :-)

Also about that Spotify thing : indeed, it doesn't pay much. But I've used it because I don't have my CD yet (post office what are you doing ?) so either I don't listen to it at all until I have it, or I use streaming, which doesn't change anything for my heroes : I proudly paid my CD and my shirt (well tbh, two CDs and two shirts but that's me being a fangirl).
A fairytale in negative

Offline Mordwin

• Tunnocks Caramel Log
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »
Indeed, it's neither Milliontown or EIMA... and it will require a few listens to get my head fully around, but all the best albums do :)

Still, even after just one listed, I love Closer To The Sun, and, on the bonus front, British Wintertime is gorgeous.