Falling Satellites - Pre Orders are GO!!!!!!!

Started by Mooncat, March 14, 2016, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

I'm anti-music streaming service and have willfully avoided nearly every dangling carrot for the new album, so my first listen will be from my car's CD player.  :) Unless it isn't.  :o
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

XeRocks81

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 27, 2016, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: rogerg on May 27, 2016, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: manoncharles on May 27, 2016, 08:54:29 AM
I think it was on Spotify at midnight Frost* time.

https://thetrichordist.com/2016/05/26/songwriter-would-need-288-million-spins-to-equal-average-spotify-employee-salary/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:(

As terrible as this is, I think pretty much everyone who is on this forum will be buying a physical copy anyway so listening on Spotify only throws more (albeit fractions of) pennies into the Frost* pot.

That's me. My order will arrive sometime in the next few weeks but in the meantime I'm also subscribed to spotify premium for 10$ a month so I think I'm doing my bit.

mr_john

Goodness me the vinyl is exquisite. I want to pop it in a sandwich and eat it!

Quick question - was the signed postcard bit a random thing or was there supposed to be one in all orders?

owen

I think it was everyone. Jem and Nathan signed mine. There are 2 other...let's call them signatures, as well

JakeWorrell

Quote from: mr_john on May 28, 2016, 08:17:37 AM
Quick question - was the signed postcard bit a random thing or was there supposed to be one in all orders?

All pre orders from The Merch Desk should have had a signed post card I believe.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

mr_john

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 28, 2016, 10:12:08 AM

All pre orders from The Merch Desk should have had a signed post card I believe.

Hmmmm there wasn't one in my bundle.  :'(

JakeWorrell

Quote from: mr_john on May 28, 2016, 10:30:28 AM
Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 28, 2016, 10:12:08 AM

Hmmmm there wasn't one in my bundle.  :'(

Probably worth dropping an email to sales@themerchdesk.com on Tuesday, I'm sure Nellie will do her best to sort one out for you.

Pedro

I think mine might have been signed towards the end of the batch by each of the guys. I can read Jem's but they all look like there was probably an audible sigh as it was applied; hardly surprising when having to do the same thing over and over...and over.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

owen

So we all know it won't go platinum but what kind of sales are likely? Will Jem/Inside Out break even? Are there charts for this sort of thing (obviously there are, but I'm totally ignorant of where to look)

EvilDragon

Must say the album isn't nearly as catchy as the previous two are... It will definitely need several going through to appreciate.

But I had really hoped there'd be less loudness war on this album. Clipping is pretty nasty in several places :(

D S

Quote from: owen on May 28, 2016, 01:00:07 PM
So we all know it won't go platinum but what kind of sales are likely? Will Jem/Inside Out break even? Are there charts for this sort of thing (obviously there are, but I'm totally ignorant of where to look)
Well, it's currently No. 6 in the Amazon Hard Rock and Metal Best Sellers list...  :o 8)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Music-Hard-Rock-Metal/zgbs/music/690892/ref=zg_bs_nav_m_h__1_m_h_

(And most of us will have bought it from Nellie!)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

JakeWorrell

Quote from: EvilDragon on May 28, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
It will definitely need several going through to appreciate.
To be honest I found this with EIMA. Initially it wasn't what I expected and I didn't really get into it straight away. Over the following months/years though it became my favourite album (ever ever ever, and ever will be)

Quote from: EvilDragon on May 28, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
But I had really hoped there'd be less loudness war on this album. Clipping is pretty nasty in several places :(
I haven't noticed this, but in general I find this sort of thing really doesn't bother me. I would very much suspect that the vinyl master would be a bit lighter on the limiting et al. Jem hinted as much in an interview, and (as I understand it) if you overdo it on vinyl you end up with all sorts of manufacturing/playback issues. So perhaps that will be a more suitable flavour for your ear tongues.

Pedro

I find it plenty catchy enough, but I don't mind working to learn an album and discover its depths.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

manoncharles

From Jem
QuoteYes! The mastering is different on the vinyl, which I quite like. It's a bit more 'not in your face' compared to the CD master. I've seen the artwork for the vinyl version, and it really works in that bigger format. There's also a secret track on the vinyl version! We found ourselves a bit short on side four, so I had to come up with something.
Damn, we'll need a very kind soul to upload the vinyl mastering so we can hear both <3

Also, I said something on other parts of the internet about FS :
QuoteAbout FS, some people said / would say it doesn't sound like Frost but I think it really sounds like Jem.
Though it sometimes sounds like Frost* (the Raging Against blah blah blah : so Frost*ish !!!)
Also : it's been years, I guess the change is normal ?

I personnally love it a hella lot, especially the end of the album (what a good surprise when Nice Day For It... starts and you year that well known Frostheme :p !). I know my best friend is more skeptical : we both are fans from the prog-metal scene, so it is a bit new for us to listen to something so electro-pop.
But it's so well made :-)

Also about that Spotify thing : indeed, it doesn't pay much. But I've used it because I don't have my CD yet (post office what are you doing ?) so either I don't listen to it at all until I have it, or I use streaming, which doesn't change anything for my heroes : I proudly paid my CD and my shirt (well tbh, two CDs and two shirts but that's me being a fangirl).
A fairytale in negative

Mordwin

Indeed, it's neither Milliontown or EIMA... and it will require a few listens to get my head fully around, but all the best albums do :)

Still, even after just one listed, I love Closer To The Sun, and, on the bonus front, British Wintertime is gorgeous.