Falling Satellites - Pre Orders are GO!!!!!!!

Started by Mooncat, March 14, 2016, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Quote from: mr_john on May 28, 2016, 10:30:28 AM
Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 28, 2016, 10:12:08 AM
Quote from: mr_john on May 28, 2016, 08:17:37 AM
Quick question - was the signed postcard bit a random thing or was there supposed to be one in all orders?

All pre orders from The Merch Desk should have had a signed post card I believe.

Hmmmm there wasn't one in my bundle.  :'(

Nor mine - I ordered last week, so may explain. Anyways, my plan is to get that sorted at the Cambridge gig  ;)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Frost*'s sound and writing has always been primarily Jem, but being a lover of drumming, I'd hate to imagine how MTown, EIMA & TDL would have sounded without TBE's contributions. If there's a noticeable shift this time out, it may be credited in part to JM's collaborations, but people must remember that this is the first full studio outing with Nath and Blunders on board. You can't switch personnel without it affecting the output.

This post wasn't really necessary, but a wino challenged me to use 'out,' 'outing,' and 'output' in an internet post, and I cheerily accepted.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gr8gonzo

I'm not expecting a postcard with mine. Did they go on holiday?  ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

CompleteCycle

Great music is never "catchy" first time.. great music grows slowly imo :-)

regarding clipping I hear a wall of sound on heartstrings but there is no actual clipping or intersample peaks.

It is mastered loud (about -8db rms) but that's average for Big Bands, I prefer around -11db

Anyway I am totally loving this album, to me it screams out progressive music, I love the fact that Jem is unafraid to surf the genre spanning waves :-)

this time last year we were unsure if there would be another frost album, thank bleedin god there is :-)

peace
Matt

Complete Cycle  ;D

Quote from: EvilDragon on May 28, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
Must say the album isn't nearly as catchy as the previous two are... It will definitely need several going through to appreciate.

But I had really hoped there'd be less loudness war on this album. Clipping is pretty nasty in several places :(

XeRocks81

My merchdesk order status is still at "processed" should I be worried?  :(

manoncharles

Quote from: XeRocks81 on May 28, 2016, 10:37:07 PM
It's not like you had a tweet saying your shirt is missing :'((((((((
A fairytale in negative

JakeWorrell

Quote from: XeRocks81 on May 28, 2016, 10:37:07 PM

No need to worry I don't think. My order(s) are showing as processed and I received one yesterday and the other today.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

rogerg

I got Folklore today, but not Satellites.  At least something new to listen to while I wait!  though it won't be until at least Tuesday, since it's a postman's holiday on Monday.

Drarok

Brom

Three tracks in. Loving Towerblocks, madness and genius - sound mangling to the extreme! Great lyrics too. That's my ration for today, track 4 tomorrow!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

EvilDragon

Quote from: CompleteCycle on May 28, 2016, 04:39:35 PMregarding clipping I hear a wall of sound on heartstrings but there is no actual clipping or intersample peaks.

It is mastered loud (about -8db rms) but that's average for Big Bands, I prefer around -11db

There might not be IS clips there, but it can definitely be heard compressors are working too hard and as result things are being squashed much more than necessary (at moments I got throwbacks on those horribly destroyed crash cymbals on EIMA - although not THAT bad).

I'd love to hear a HD mix (96k/24-bit) that doesn't squash things to oblivion but lets dynamics breathe some...

CompleteCycle

I sympathise with the mastering engineer, I have exactly the same issue when there is lots going on in the mix, it's very hard to master at such a high rms without some thrashing.

I learn to get past that and just enjoy the amazing music a Jem creates,

[quote author=EvilDragon

There might not be IS clips there, but it can definitely be heard compressors are working too hard and as result things are being squashed much more than necessary (at moments I got throwbacks on those horribly destroyed crash cymbals on EIMA - although not THAT bad).

I'd love to hear a HD mix (96k/24-bit) that doesn't squash things to oblivion but lets dynamics breathe some...
[/quote]

JakeWorrell

Quote from: EvilDragon on May 31, 2016, 02:16:45 AM

I was eavesdropping Jem on twitter, and he said to one person that its very possible that there may be a version of the Vinyl master on bandcamp in the future. He didn't say when though, I got the impression it was likely to be quite a while away. Source: https://twitter.com/Here_Be_Frost/status/736638979051782144
"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen

Also you can check if you have PPI. Win, win!

BrendanGee

Quote from: JakeWorrell on May 31, 2016, 09:28:11 AM
I was eavesdropping Jem on twitter, and he said to one person that its very possible that there may be a version of the Vinyl master on bandcamp in the future. He didn't say when though, I got the impression it was likely to be quite a while away. Source: https://twitter.com/Here_Be_Frost/status/736638979051782144

Possibly when he gets the rights back, much like what happened with the Milliontown release on Bandcamp? That's a number of years away though.
Bring on the Trumpets!