Lush at the Roundhouse Saturday 7 May - ticket available

Started by Trapezium Artist, May 05, 2016, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

I have two tickets for one of the very few Lush reunion gigs, this one at the Roundhouse in London on Saturday 7 May, and I'll be flying over to the UK tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my presumptive gig buddy has dropped out, and thus I have one ticket free.

If anyone on the forum would like the ticket (at cost, at best: no touting here), please let me know.

I know Lush are not exactly prog, but hell, they were a great indie/shoegaze/pop band with two female lead vocalists / guitarists, plus two guys on bass and drums. Acerbic lyrics amid a wall of jangling guitar sound, later morphing to more direct pop with "Lovelife" just before they broke up when their original drummer sadly committed suicide.

I've never seen them live, as I was living in the US and Germany when they were active, so when they reformed completely out of the blue last year, I had tickets in an instant. Reviews of the few shows they've played so far have been fantastic, so they seem to be on top form.

Should be a blast and hey, what could be better than going to a gig with a fellow Frost*ie, eh?  8)

Again, let me know.

Mikey

Did you ring Brian Cox to see if he wanted to go with you?
I used to have a signature

owen

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wouldn't it be great if he was one and lurking away

MikeEvs

If I lived closer I would as I love the Roundhouse as a venue and the gig sounds interesting.  Hope you find someone and have a great time

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on May 06, 2016, 05:20:38 PM
If I lived closer I would as I love the Roundhouse as a venue and the gig sounds interesting.  Hope you find someone and have a great time

Thanks, Mike. No takers yet: may need to resort to Twitter tomorrow morning :-)

Had a good afternoon and evening with the very cool folk at TeamRock: great stuff.

MikeEvs

Nice one, a friendly online editor at teamrock helped me out with a contact this week.  Good people