Anneke Van Giersbergen live photos

Started by MikeEvs, April 27, 2016, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeEvs

Last night photographed Anneke Van Giersbergen for Bristol247.com who were reviewing the gig at The Exchange in Bristol.

You can read the review here:  http://www.bristol247.com/channel/culture/music/reviews/review-anneke-van-giersbergen-exchange

Here's a few photos:

IMG_5340 by Mike Evans, on Flickr

IMG_5374 by Mike Evans, on Flickr

IMG_5343 by Mike Evans, on Flickr

See the full set HERE

manoncharles

Thank you Mike. Your pictures are gorgeous - just like Anneke.
Can't wait to see her on May the 7th.
Someone told me of one of the covers she's probably gonna sing* and I'm really really excited.
Part of me wanted to keep it a surprise but I would have been SO happy I could have had an heart attack so it's cool that I can get ready for it haha.

*Queen - Who wants to live forever
A fairytale in negative

MikeEvs

Thanks Manor. I'm sure you'll enjoy the show. She didn't play that song in Bristol but I know she has on other nights

manoncharles

A fairytale in negative

manoncharles

Wooo, so good to see Anneke again <3 She was amazing as always, the crowd was insane (in a good way) and we had loads of fun.
I also took pictures, but crappy ones compared to yours :P

She sung the song I wanted her to (I had to admit she once said "what am I gonna sing now ?" and I may have requested it  ::)
(I was in front of her, the venue was so so small)

And we also had a chat, which was pretty great as usual !

Anneke! Anneke! Anneke!
A fairytale in negative

MikeEvs

That's great Manon glad you enjoyed  :)

manoncharles

I did ! Even tho I suddenly realised during a song that it was probably my last European gig before a very long time :o  :-[
A fairytale in negative

manoncharles

Boo, posting again, but my friend Axelle took some beautiful and very expressive (is that a word?) pictures of her too.
> http://www.hardforce.fr/actu/16194/anneke-van-giersbergen-paris-la-maroquinerie-portfolio
A fairytale in negative

MikeEvs

A few nice photos there, well done to you're friend.

I was close to tears at one point in the Anneke gig, my friend Owain as many people here now has been missing for over 4 years.  Before he joined The Reasoning, he used to play in a few local bands.  One of them was called the Basking Iguanas.  Now and again Simon the singer and Owain would play as a duo in local pubs usually on Sunday afternoons one of the songs they used to do was Wish You Were Here.  When Anneke played that songs I was flooded with memories of my friend playing this song I was suddenly very emotional  :'(

manoncharles

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. WYWH is a Anneke classic, I think she plays it all the time. She didn't play it super well in Paris because something went wrong ith the amps and made a very strange ghost-ish noise, she was so surprised she kind of jumped onstage like "what the heck" and spent the rest of the song trying to sing but really laughing at herself haha.
It was very cool. Anneke shares the love.
A fairytale in negative