First "official" Track and Video from new album...

Started by Jim Takacs, April 29, 2016, 06:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

Best version yet.  Love the production, specially the diff vocal effects and Dynamics throughout....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9jk0kicFMI
::I Like Cheese::

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Dr.Ripper

It's lovely! I love the phat keyboards Jem has going on too. It's also appeared on Spotify in high quality! Hooray!
whut

tigermoth

Getting very excited now about the album. I feel a woohoo coming on, please excuse me. :)

Ivor

I asked on the Youtube post, but no-one's replied yet... Is it just me or are there weird discordant things going on "behind" the music at 2:15 onwards, and the same again at 2:35?

BrendanGee

Quote from: Ivor on May 05, 2016, 07:33:55 PM
I asked on the Youtube post, but no-one's replied yet... Is it just me or are there weird discordant things going on "behind" the music at 2:15 onwards, and the same again at 2:35?

I picked up on that as well, it's sort of a spooky ethereal effect sitting in the background.
I really like all the little extra layers that get added on as the song builds, it's executed perfectly by Jem  :)
Bring on the Trumpets!

Jem

Quote from: Ivor on May 05, 2016, 07:33:55 PM

Yes, good spot. I made the second verse go all minor for a laugh.  :)

Ivor

Ha! :D I thought it was some kinda new-fangled copy protection thingy, like watermarks on photos.

manoncharles

Also it's not in the same key than the Rockfields Files version which really distrubs me (but in a good way).
A fairytale in negative

Mooncat

Blunders made mention(on FB last week) of the first video from the new album being 'released' today - complete with a moody picture from the video shoot (he mentioned it a while back and was playing a white Mapex kit, lit up all lovely and stuff).

Guess it'll be 'Heartstrings' but who knows....................
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

BrendanGee

I'm not sure. If it's also going up on the Inside Out Youtube channel alongside the lyric video then I would have expected that it would be something new, possibly 'Numbers'.
We'll know soon enough  :)
Bring on the Trumpets!

manoncharles

Pretty sure it will be Numbers but I kinda hope it will be Lights Out or Last Day.
According to the pics it could be Lights Outs. Like, it's dark, right ? heh.
A fairytale in negative

Jim Takacs

::I Like Cheese::

Ivor

Dr.Ripper

Quote from: Ivor on May 10, 2016, 10:38:18 PM
Aaargh! My ears!  :o

No you don't  understand, it's just really progressive!
whut