New interview with Jem on 1 May

Started by gr8gonzo, April 29, 2016, 09:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

Iris Hidding will be airing interviews with Silhouette and Mr. Jem Godfrey this Sunday over at House of Prog (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT).
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

sawtooth

Quote from: gr8gonzo on April 29, 2016, 09:56:43 PM
Iris Hidding will be airing interviews with Silhouette and Mr. Jem Godfrey this Sunday over at House of Prog (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT).

Fab stuff, I'll be listening. Thanks for sharing Gonz!

BrendanGee

The full show is up now to listen at any time at the following link:

https://www.mixcloud.com/iris-hidding/interviews-with-silhouette-jem-godfrey-frost-on-purple-flower-progressive-hour/

Warning for anyone not wishing to hear the new tunes
'Heartstrings' plays before the interview and 'Numbers' follows after the interview.
Bring on the Trumpets!

L33VEY

Quote from: BrendanGee on May 01, 2016, 11:11:12 PM

https://www.mixcloud.com/iris-hidding/interviews-with-silhouette-jem-godfrey-frost-on-purple-flower-progressive-hour/

'Heartstrings' plays before the interview and 'Numbers' follows after the interview.

And a secret track on Vinyl only   8)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: L33VEY on May 02, 2016, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: BrendanGee on May 01, 2016, 11:11:12 PM

And a secret track on Vinyl only   8)

I sincerely hope that's a joke. Not sure I'd be terribly happy if it's true ... (stop messign with my head, L33VEY!)

BrendanGee

According to the interview, they had extra space on the final side so Jem filled it up.
Half tempted to get the vinyl now as well.  :o
Bring on the Trumpets!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: BrendanGee on May 02, 2016, 12:12:49 PM
According to the interview, they had extra space on the final side so Jem filled it up.
Half tempted to get the vinyl now as well.  :o

Is this actually not quite true? The CD and LP track-listings on The Merch Desk pages are identical (both saying 11 tracks + 2 bonus), with Lantern & British Wintertime on Side 4 of the LP, and given an asterisk / frost*erisk on the CD page, perhaps indicating that they're the bonus tracks.

If it is the case that the CD has all of the same tracks of the LP, then ignore the remainder of this post.  8)

If it's not and the LP has more, then ... I'm ok with the concept of paying more, getting more: seems fair enough. But I'm less comfortable with the idea of division by format. I know LP's are trendy again (then again, so are beards, and two wrongs don't make a right) and I'm even willing to cede that on a decent hifi system, you might be able to hear improvements (or at least differences) w.r.t. CD's.

But many people don't have / want a record player, so it seems odd to make extra music available only to those who do. Again, it's not really about the money, but about the underlying possibility of having it, playing it, and listening to it.

My suggestion would be to make the extra LP music available (at cost) via Bandcamp (for example), so that those in the CD / digital-only sphere can hear it too.

Anyone have any idea if that will be the case? Nellie?

manoncharles

I agree 125% with TA, couldn't have said it better (because my English sucks).
A fairytale in negative

tigermoth

Wow! Cool. That's my evening planned then. :)

owen

I can't listen to records any more. Every time I'm listening out for a scratch or a jump and it ruins the whole thing for me (which is my problem, I agree). But I'd much rather pay for an extra download or something.  Oh Lord, I'm agreeing with TA, aren't I?

owen

I even agree about beards. Oh dear

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on May 02, 2016, 10:33:31 PM
I even agree about beards. Oh dear

Sorry? Can you explain why it's such a bad thing to be agreeing with me? I am convinced that you could do much worse than to let me into your head to run your thoughts and opinions on many topics, not just vinyl & beards.

I mean, for example, you really should adopt my positions on Marmite (yes, always), tattoos (fine, but only on other people), and the monarchy (off with their heads). And then there's Brian Cox ...

8)

Mikey

Quote from: owen on May 02, 2016, 10:32:11 PM
I can't listen to records any more. Every time I'm listening out for a scratch or a jump and it ruins the whole thing for me (which is my problem, I agree). But I'd much rather pay for an extra download or something.  Oh Lord, I'm agreeing with TA, aren't I?
Keep taking the pills, it'll soon pass ;)
I used to have a signature

BrendanGee

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 03, 2016, 11:55:01 AM
I mean, for example, you really should adopt my positions on Marmite (yes, always), tattoos (fine, but only on other people), and the monarchy (off with their heads). And then there's Brian Cox ...

8)

Prof. Brian Cox or Brian Cox the actor?
Bring on the Trumpets!

rogerg

I would find it strange that there would be more room on the vinyl.

ohh, and about beards...

;D