Seven Stones Turned

Started by tigermoth, May 03, 2016, 06:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Evening Frosticals. This may be of particular interest to Genesis fans and/or moth fanciers. I'm delighted to announce the release of another little collection entitled "Pete Jones Plays Genesis - Seven Stones Turned". It's available now for download here:
https://tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/album/pete-jones-plays-genesis-seven-stones-turned-charity-release
As with Selling England For A Pound, all proceeds will be going to Guide Dogs charity, so all contributions will be greatly appreciated. You may also stream tracks so you will know what you're getting. As the title slightly suggests, you may find the odd surprise or twist. Please enjoy, and thanks very much from myself and Guide Dogs. Your loving Mothster.

Mikey

I must be a lepidopterist 8)
I used to have a signature

tigermoth

Thank goodness for you and your kind. :)

D S

Purchased and listening right now.  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

manoncharles

Loved it. Now listening to the whole bandcamp and loving it.
Sounds like you have a new fangirl.
(You got me at "Genesis", and got me again at "Guide Dogs Charity").
A fairytale in negative

D S

Pete, all beautifully done (as is par for the course now!) and I enjoyed the Trespass section on Follow You.  However, what blew me away was the Steve Hackett style classical version of Invisible Touch.  It was an almost unrecognisable variation on the theme until the last minute or so (and I mean that in a good way) - incredibly well played.  I don't think I've heard you play the classical guitar quite like this before and if I was Mr H, I'd be sitting up and taking notice that there is a new kid on the block!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

gr8gonzo

Well done, Mr. Moth. Ripples is one of my all time favorites and I love your inspired take on Invisible Touch. It must be your BUILT IN ABILITY and now it seems I'm fallin', fallin' for it.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

Quote from: manoncharles on May 03, 2016, 08:51:17 PM
Loved it. Now listening to the whole bandcamp and loving it.
Sounds like you have a new fangirl.
(You got me at "Genesis", and got me again at "Guide Dogs Charity").
I highly recommend Cocoon & Story-tellers by Pete, as well as the RedBazar CD wot e sings on as well.

manoncharles

I LOVE both (yep, had a busy listening session tonight)
A fairytale in negative

rogerg

tigermoth

manoncharles, thank you that's great to hear. :) It's always cool to have a new convert as it were, plus it's always a pleasure to meet a fellow Genesis fan and dog lover. :)
DS, I must admit before you wax more lyrical about my classical guitar skills, I do employ the odd trick of the trade here and there. I'm not really that good. But I'm so glad you like the interpretation. It's a little tongue in cheek. I got the idea from hearing Steve Hackett play a couple of bars of Invisible Touch at one of his gigs. Then I took it all the way. Lol. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and generous contributions. The figure raised so far is pretty huge. :)

Mikey

It's taken a while to get round to this as I couldn't take Red Bazar out of the van.
Mightly impressed, no surprise there. Had it belting out on the way to work this morning. Brill job with invisible touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigermoth

Cheers matey. :) That's great. Sorry not been on here for a while.

Mikey

Quote from: tigermoth on May 26, 2016, 08:48:16 PM
Cheers matey. :) That's great. Sorry not been on here for a while.
Is that because you've been working on;
Red bazar 2
Cocoon 2
Storytellers 2
& Camel?

Seriously, the Red Bazar album is.. & this is not a word I use lightly, awesome.
Like your vocals, does being free of instruments, free you to put more into the vocals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigermoth

You were right with the latter reason. Camel has kept me somewhat busy. But now I'm back and rehearsing RB and TMT stuff and working on various bits and pieces. I take your awesome as a high compliment. :)